Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing Partners wanted for Audio Short stories project

edited April 2014 in Writing
Hey guys am a newbie here and I can only hope am posting in the right section ( if am not i assure you its not out of an inert need to be a rebel or annoying :) It just takes me a while to figure out new sites and stuff ).

Right, so am posting because I have this idea and in order to pull it off right am gonna need some collaborators. I am basically trying to combine the Radio play format with the short story format and the screenplay format to create something that will re-vamp the whole audio book concept. The plan is to get out a couple of these stories a week, some of them stand alone and some as part of a series and push em' through youtube ( in video format with possibly a few images that fit the story ) and other sites and Social media and hopefully gain a decent little following.The material can be "highbrow" here and there but it will be mostly aimed at the youtube generation and people with low attention spans so we are gonna hit them with Aliens and Time travel and Vampires and Ghosts and Portals and alternate realities and Zombies and superpowers and a whole lot of weirdness.

with most of the stories, there will be a narrator and each character will be voiced by a different actor so kind of like a Radio Play. I have already put out ads on Acting sites and Have put together some eager talented actors of all ages so we are good to go on that front! the stories themselves will be very varied, ranging from sad and emotional to funny and uber violent and scary. In fact some of them will push boundaries and be straight marketed towards an adult audience in the hopes that we can get advertising on some Erotics sites and stuff. Not all of them will be of an erotic nature but it does bare mentioning that some of them will be just for full disclosure's sake.

In a perfect world I would love to release at least one story a week with an average reading time of like 8 minutes. so yeah i am really looking for writing collaborators, AM thinking of working in a quirky ping pong kinda fashion were I throw a page your way and you add to it and we just bounce it back and forth till we end up with something awesome. every story we collaborate on you will get credited! the dream is to get a group of people who just keep coming back to litsen and to expand and have a website and move on to Merchandising and selling collections, for now though its all about getting this bad boy started. If you are interested in any way please get in touch and we'll jump right in :)

Maya

Comments

• edited April 2014

In a perfect world I would love to release at least one story a week with an average reading time of like 8 minutes. so yeah i am really looking for writing collaborators, AM thinking of working in a quirky ping pong kinda fashion were I throw a page your way and you add to it and we just bounce it back and forth till we end up with something awesome.

Maya
    We do that on this forum sometimes, Maya, but nearly always end up with Mustapha the Camel. You don't get more awesome than Mustapha, he'd probably go down big with your target audience.

Not my bag, really, so I'm not gonna be participating, but good luck anyway