Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Free Kindle app for Samsung Galaxy Tab3

edited April 2014 in Writing
I have tried to download this app from Amazon.es but when I press "install" the green button gets a blue border but even though I wait for ages nothing happens.
I've only had the tablet a week so I'm still learning.
If anyone can tell me what to do please make it VERY SIMPLE!

Comments

• Can you do it the other way round? Look for the app on your tablet and install from there, rather than pushing it from Amazon. I had to do that with something on my phone, as trying to send it drove the poor thing to distraction and I had to rebuild it.
  • I tried that Mrs Bear. Eventually, today, I took it back to the shop I bought it from. The girl spoke no English at all but was very helpful and happy to slow down for me. Even she couldn't get Kindle for ages, but eventually succeeded.
    It took her about half an hour, and I like to think it was partly due to the fact that she liked my perfume enough to ask where I bought it!
    (White Musk from Body Shop)
    Since then I have - all on my ownsome - installed AVG Free for Tablets.

*feels smug - for now*
  • Ooh, success! *Slips into excellent impression of the Emperor/Sith Lord in Star Wars* You have done well, my young apprentice. (Not that I had anything to do with it - I just like doing that impression.)
  • A very impressive impression!
  • And I have bought two books!
    "Cat and the Dreamer" by Annalisa Crawford and a book of short stories. I have also been given - free - an English/Chinese Dictionary. Can anyone explain that?
  • Kindle has free dictionaries, too.
    You do realise you're hooked now? The ease of buying them is seductive!
  • Yes - but Chinese?
  • Could be useful when ordering a Chinese takeaway.
  • This thread went straight to the latest post!
  • Amazing!
  • Wow!
    Or should I say "Hai chow"?
  • I say - how very international, not to say global!
  • With or without the warming?
  • C2C2
    edited April 2014
    Can a picture be reduced (not cropped) from a photo gallery within an iPad
    eg: from 4000 to 300.

Job done - found an app :)