Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Women writers. Free Mentoring.

edited April 2014 in Writing
http://womentoringproject.co.uk/

You must be 1. Female. 2 A writer to apply.
Bucket loads of mentors on the list, including comics, editors, non fiction and literary, so research before applying, and be sure you state "WHY" you need it more than anyone else. :D
Good luck.

Comments

• When are old men going to get a look in? 8-X
  • Sounds like a really good opportunity. Thanks for the heads-up SilverLinings.
  • Ohhh, when I post this no one is interested but when SL does...*grumble grumble*

SEXIST! :P
  • Ohhh, BR - I saw Silver Lining's thread first which is why I 'thanked' and 'liked' on it. When I saw your mirror thread a bit later, I didn't think I needed to repeat the actions. Will go and do so right now so that you don't feel left out! ;)
  • No, no - it's fine *sob*
  • It does seem unfair its limited to women, BR.
  • All the mentors taking part are women writers who are volunteering, presumably because they want to support other women writers. Maybe male writers aren't so supportive of their counterparts who are just starting out. Or maybe they will see this and set up their own scheme. Whichever, if the women who are volunteering their own time want to support women rather than men I think that's up to them.
  • It does seem unfair its limited to women, BR.
    I didn't mean the scheme, Jen :P
  • Sounds interesting :)
  • edited April 2014
    I looked at this with growing excitement. If I'm ever to make the leap from travel writing to writing full length fiction, I could do with guidance. However, I can't in all conscience claim to be unable to pay for a writing course. I don't want to do a course - but I would love to be mentored for a specific piece of writing.
  • BR.... it's a girl power thing... :P
    Sorry I didn't see your post... though I did check. This new fangled thingamajig forum isn't as clever as the last.