Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Let others help you get Published

edited July 2014 in Writing
Before I got a publishing deal, I learnt of another way that holds great possibilities for those who need a helping hand to get published, the good thing is others who believe in you and your book will sponsor you.
I personal would do a little more research before you just jumping in and starting a project,here is what you need to think about.
1/ who are you aiming your market at?
2/ what are you going to offer your sponsors?
3/ be realistic in your budget to get your book to print
4/ have a recommended publisher in place before you launch.
5/ Good luck and do tell of your success.

for those of you who are now wondering OK is this person Loco or it is a scam then NO it is not
I won't post a direct link but you can soon find it yourself.
put into Google Kickstarter they have a section there for publishing.
you would be silly not to look ;))

Comments

• Congratulations on your publishing deal, H_A. Is your work being published in English?
  • Thank you for the kind words, yes it is going to be in English.
  • That's quite an achievement, H_A. as I've picked up a few tiny hints in your posts which make me wonder if English is your first language? Nothing minor, you understand.
  • Yes, congratulations on your publishing deal.

What kind of book(s) are you having published, H_A? A novel, or something non fiction?
  • edited July 2014
    Fantasy, I'm pretty certain that H_A writes fantasy. It sits nicely with H_A's style, and any Author claiming to be Happy has to be a fantasist anyway.
  • I'm happy quite a lot of the time.
  • I have a stunt double, it's less stressful.
  • edited July 2014
    Thank you for the tip on my English, but I rarely bother to use correct grammar unless being paid for it ;))
  • Thank you Phots Moll.
  • Correct grammar allows for meaning to be conveyed. Some of your posts, and parts of others, are unintelligible.
  • beginning to sound like other forums
  • You're a pretty pathetic spammer, H_A, and no fun whatsoever. I can't even be arsed to flag you up. Have you graduated from Spam School or are you just out on Work Experience?
  • edited July 2014
    Sorry Snailmale, what have I said to upset you, I am most certainly not a spammer. if you refer to my post at 4am yes that was me I could not sleep. I got the impression this was meant to be a writer forum not some kind of childish site where people just throw insults about, my 2 thread have been honest and I think helpful
  • Well, H_A, if I'm incorrect in my assessment then I will of course apologise profusely. However. as you have already pushed Kickstarter and ProWritingAid, and your command of written English is, at best, tenuous, thus placing your claim of a publishing deal in some doubt, I shall take some convincing.
    Sorry.
  • I did think long and hard snailmail as to put the names this is why I did not add and direct links, but kickstarter I thought was something that was free surely it is not selling, I have seen many books that have been offered sponsorership and many achieve way over the price they ask.
    I know that kickstarter take a 4% commission but is it not selling anything. so I really did not see any harm in listing the name if you PM me I will gladly give you my email and you are welcome to check with (stop forum spam).
    as for the writing software I do have it and use it.
    I am not the best of writers when it come to English but it is how I write and what I write about that got me a publishing deal.