Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

crochet

edited August 2014 in Writing
Has anyone out there got a crochet pattern for a tiny Pooh Bear?
Or at least a teddy bear pattern that I could adapt?

Really small to fit in a baby's hand.

:)

Comments

• No, but I know someone who lives near me who runs crochet courses and designs patterns for magazines. I'll ask her.
  • My Mum and Gran do knitting and a bit of crochet. When I see them, I'll ask.
  • edited August 2014
    Ali said try googling them - she found loads that you might be able to use/adapt.
  • That's odd. I've just been editing a story about crochet and came here for a break from it!
  • Were you looking for the hook, PM?
    I know someone who designs knitting patterns for bears (no, not for bears to knit, nor for Bears, but patterns of bears), some of which are tiny. I have a French crochet pattern for a flat cat, if that helps?
  • Thanks, Mrs Bear, but no.

I have loads of patterns for flat cats, and I've found one for a flat Pooh Bear online so I can put him in the middle of a cot blanket. I shall now search further on t'internet.
    PM - did you actually write a story about crochet? Your versatility astounds me.

@-)

• PM - did you actually write a story about crochet?
    @-)
    Yes, I did. The mc only makes squares and some are a bit funny looking. (write what you know!)
  • Hmmm, I'm tempted to write one about my never-ending scarf. No one taught me how to cast off.
  • Go to the Deramores website - they offer some free patterns that you can download. You might find one there.
  • edited August 2014
    You can find some good stuff on the Ravelry website too
  • If you're into crochet do look at Attic24 and Little Cotton Rabbits - two brilliant blogs
  • *smugness alert* Just sold the crochet story to My Weekly.
  • Congratulations!

=D>
  • Well done PM! I might have to buy yhr magazine now!
  • Would this do? The pattern is at the bottom of the page:

http://aphid777.deviantart.com/art/Derpy-Pooh-Bear-366584819
  • Nice patter Liz. Is it American? Don't forget American crochet terms are different from UK.
  • He's lovely, Liz - whether I can follow the pattern remains to be seen as it's not in English.

Now I need someone - or a website - that can translate for me!
  • My friend, who teaches crochet, might have something on her blog. She's published two versions of her book - one in English and the other's American.

http://www.gethookedoncrochet.co.uk/
  • Love the website Baggy
  • edited August 2014
    I have made my first Pooh Bear and he's lovely, but I can't put a photo on here cos I don't know how, and I can't put one on FB cos the parents-to-be will see it, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

And the OH's - he approves.
  • You could email it to me and I could pop him on here - if you want.
  • And here he is!

• Aww, cute!
  • I want one!
  • Taking orders tomorrow.

:o3 :bz
  • He IS cute, but a bit big, so I've switched to a smaller hook for the next two.
    A Pooh Bear for my daughter's baby - she's a real fan - and probably a tiger from the same pattern for my son's baby.

This one might get a fancy bow and go to my mum on her 90th birthday - she's as soppy as me and she'll love him!
  • Awww, it worked, then! Brilliant.
  • Thanks again for the pattern, Liz - you'll have to tell me what design you want and I'll make you one. Seriously. Look on the website and see the variations. x
  • Lovely and cute ...reminds me of someone....
  • I wonder who you could be referring to, Stan?

*blushes*
  • Thank you, very much, Lizy. I went and had a look the other day when the thread was about but the link pictures were invisible, and then got distracted.

Today they are there! And I have fallen in love with the panda. And I would love you to do me one - but I will pay for postage and anything else. It was fun searching!
  • edited August 2014
    A panda? I was thinking of making one next!

May be a week or so before I get started as the weather here is so hot that I'm too sticky to crochet. Even the proper yellow pooh bear I have started for one expected grandchild has been put on hold for cooler weather.
  • *contemplates being too sticky to knit while wearing winter woolly in the summer* Crikey. There is no hurry at all. I suspect a panda would prefer cool weather itself.
  • And - THANK YOU!! (You may have noticed I have found my instructions.)
  • edited October 2014
    Now the weather has cooled down I am frantically trying to finish a second Afghan blanket - the first one for the Canadian grandchild expected in February is ready but the one for UK baby due in January is not. As we have tickets for a flight to UK in a month's time I have a deadline.
    And I am making Canadian baby a tiger from the Pooh Bear pattern.
    Liz - I shall for ever be in your debt!
  • Pooh Bear - the second, smaller version - was the first toy to adorn Millie's crib in the hospital, but I was too busy cuddling her and her mum to take a photo.
    Instead I have posted on Facebook today a photo of Millie in the Very Hungry Caterpillar outfit I made for her.
    Do go and look (Liz Young on FB)
  • She looks gorgeous!
  • You are clever, Liz, she looks scrumptious and eerily like the very hungry caterpillar...
  • Saw it, Lizy, it is very good. :)