Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

'Are we ... giving you exactly what you want ...'. WM. Sept. issue, p3

edited August 2014 in Writing
No. http://writ.rs/wmsurvey14 does not direct me to the survey.

Comments

• Took me straight there.
  • Ditto, I got the survey when I clicked the link.
  • "boredrobots">Ditto, I got the survey when I clicked the link.
    You mean you processed the address; http://writ.rs/wmsurvey14 and pressed enter??

• I just clicked the link in your post.
  • Webbo, I want more of Writers' News, that is the call for submissions, and much less of WM please.
  • Didn't it used to be the case that you could subscribe to them individually. I like them both so get the combined version. Maybe you could still order WN on its own?
  • Fraid not - it's all or nothing now!
    Patricia, I'm not sure why the writ.rs address wouldn't work for you, but here's the full address, if you're still trying: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Writingpmag
    I want more calls for submissions too, but will need a new whip... or at least contributors who complain less. ;)
  • I just don't think there are as many opportunities being offered generally now.

Lots of markets have gone, others have closed to any but those they want to approach. Sadly it's a reflection of the general state of the market at the moment.
  • I didn't even know the survey was there, so I've clicked on Webbo's link and taken part.
  • I did it some time ago, twice.

;)
  • Great, thanks all!
    Carol, you're right - a lot of people are far more reluctant to go in as market reports these days as they don't have the budgets.
  • They'd also get swamped with submissions...
  • edited August 2014
    My feature for 'Discover Your History Mag'. was published yesterday.
  • I've now done it too.
  • Survey complete, Webbo. Like others, I had overlooked this opportunity.

Congrats on your Discover Your History Mag feature, Patricia. Can you tell us what it is about?
  • Congratulations, Patricia.
  • "Wordy" Patricia. Can you tell us what it is about? You can download a copy at Discover Your History Hub.

• Thanks. I'll look out for that. Sounds an interesting title.
  • Well done Patricia on the article.
  • Well done Patricia!

Survey done.
  • I know I am the "Noob" around here and only just subscribed to the magazine, but I have completed the survey.
  • Well done Anthony, that's good, and Webbo will be happy- we must keep Webbo happy. :)
  • Teacher's pet! ;))
  • Laycock! Stop that sniggering!
  • *spits on apple, rubs it on sleeve and presents it to Webbo*

'Ere you are, sir.
  • If Webbo's happy we're all happy
  • That's better, thank you Nell. Now have you finished your daily word count?
  • There you see - it was bound to happen. Someone calls him Mr Telfer, and he comes over all school-teacherly. He'll be giving us detention next.
  • C2C2
    edited August 2014
    Now who could say no to a bit of detention with the lovely, Mr Telfer.
    I've already bought a bag of, sweet red apples. :-*
  • He's not a horse!
  • I apologise for my cordial remark Webbo.

Thankyou Mrs Bear and 'likes' for reminding me of my position in this
    creative arena. I will lock the door behind me and blindly throw away the key. :-<
  • Ah, Maro, if only it were that easy. You are now Webbo's pet. He will be looking out for you. The rest of us are now consigned to being second class posters.

But I assure you i do not hold it against you. I think we would all have done the same if only we had thought of it.
  • I'm sure your cordial remark was taken cordially, Maro. He's a jolly japester, our Webbo.
    I'm only jealous that I didn't bring the apples.
  • Looking out for me, yes, to give me a clip around the ear hole.

Thanks for keeping the door ajar ladies - it was a bit cold out there...and the grass needs cutting.
    To get back on topic of the thread.
    I would like to say that when I first bought the WM and joined the forum I was reading word like Allegory, Alliteration, Hyperbole, Assonance, Synonyms, Antonyms, Tautology (the list goes on) - my god, what are they all on about, I asked myself. I know now. It would have been nice to have found a section in the magazine just for beginners like myself to be able to read about these things and to be able to download or print off the page for reference , to be given examples. How to enhance a noun for creativity, how to keep a story in a preferred tense. How to use punctuation in a conversation, when to indent a paragraph, all a learning curve for the very raw. Could be at the very back of the magazine. I know words and space cost money. I know the content covers a wide range of subjects for all, but on the whole it seems mainly published for the more advanced writer...just a though.
  • A good point, Maro!
  • Ah! And I was lamenting that there isn't enough REALLY advanced stuff...

I'm always changing tense in poems. Have to go back through and check each time. Much easier in a poem than a novel!
  • edited August 2014
    So was I, Liz. (lamenting, that is)

Just shows how hard it is to appeal to a mixed audience.