Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Registering a magazine

edited September 2014 in Writing
I am interested in starting a kindle magazine. I have got a lot of questions. How to register a magazine? Where to register? Where to find press law? How to register international magazine - I will sell on amazon. com and uk?

Comments

• Is there anything in the Kindle help section?

I know there is a book about current press law- try searching Amazon for it. Though an enquiry to the relevant regulatory authority might help.
  • As far as I know you don't need to register a magazine in the UK. You don't even need an ISSN (the magazine equivalent of an ISBN) for it.
  • Sorry to drag up an old thread.
    You might not legally need to register it, but practically you do, if you plan on selling anywhere other than Amazon. If it's to be Kindle only, the ISSN is irrelevant anyway as Amazon uses its own system!
    We've got an article coming up in the next issue about Kindle publishing, though not specifically mags, which might be some help Goban.