Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Name That Cat!

2»

Comments

• Cancel and be damned! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

I actually only did one smiley, but seven showed up!
    Yeah - right.

>:P
  • I knew a cat called Mousebag once. Please put me down for an order in 2024.
  • I love that, Lou.

My daughter's music teacher has two cats - Chaos and Confusion.
  • We had Thomasina (Tommy) and Tuppence when the kids were small.
    We were into Agatha Christie at the time.
  • I think this thread is going to run and run...
  • I had a feline it would.
  • I knew someone who had a cat called Fish.
  • Claude.
  • Spellbound, as the name fits in with it's owner??
  • I've two imaginary cats; Mews and Hera. Friend's are known as Smoothy and Hairy.
  • Gwyneth? (after a well-known actress)
  • I knew two cats called Marmaduke and Marmaduchess.
  • going by your description of the cat, and the fact his/her raven buddy is called 'Snowy' I would suggest something along the lines of 'Fido' or 'Rover' This may also explain the cat's allegedly murderous tendencies. I like the other names you have created, especially the 'Badger's Ass' pub. I can almost visualise it, and it's clientelle. I would love to pop in there for a (very quick) drink someday...
  • Claws - heralded by sinister theme music.
  • Vini -vindictive

Trixie - I use this word for people who's nature is a little on the dodgy side of life.
  • But Trixie is an actual name - one of the nurses on Call the Midwife has it! I associate it now with big eyes and blond hair and kindness and alcoholism. Which can happen to anyone.
  • Lizy, my gran's cat was called Marmaduke.

C2 - My sister's cat was called Trixie although I saw it spelt as Tricksy. I'd agree with what you say, as Tricksy turned wild eventually.

My pussy was called Twinkle. Oooer Mrs Slocombe.
  • Liz - I've never heard anyone in the real world called, Trixie. I like the name but it has an edge to it I remember from child hood.

dora - my friends mother also had a pet by this name a Yorkshire terrier, a snappy little git with watery eyes, I'm sure if it had some eye drops put in them it could see a hand of friendship and not a weapon...some people just wont take advice.

I cant tell you what my pussy is called. I might be asked to leave :)
  • One of our neighbours has a cat called Alfie Boe- fortunately it doesn't sing.
  • What on earth could it be called?

I knew a Trixie once. And there was a another name you never hear nowadays... Queenie!
  • a Yorkshire terrier, a snappy little git with watery eyes,
    The archetypal Trixie.
  • Very fortunate Carol.

Names like that are not for your delicate ears Liz. I like the name Queenie, some old names are coming back into use, Millie, Ivy and Lily seems to be quite popular at the moment with the young mums.
  • edited March 2016
    I would just like to point out that, under new rules to be issued to 7 year-olds, the illegal exclamation mark in the title of this thread is to be removed at once and forthwith. Only questions - questions, mark you - beginning with How and What are to be permitted the use of the said punctuation. Any deviation from this rule will cost you your SATS, your 11+, and any other qualification you may have earned. The DoE hasn't quite gone so far as to say this rule is to be backdated to the Year Dot, but you know it's implied.
  • edited March 2016
    'Taxi' is the name I chose for the monstrous, fluffy, black cat that befriended me at the railway station late one night, recently. He was prowling around on the steps to the ticket office, where I went to sit. Soon as I settled he jumped on my lap, curled up, and started purring.
  • My neighbour's cat was called 'Taxi'.

I used to work with a lady called Lily. She was lovely.
  • It's been over a year since the question was asked, so how's the story coming along, Snaily?

• I wondered that. You have created a cat, sm, then abandoned it. I might have to report you to the RSPCFC.
  • This cat is now at least 13 years old, I might well have to write it out.

• edited March 2016
    BREAKING NEWS:
    The cat's role is now under review. What would have been a brief but significant appearance may well be written out altogether.

It was on a zero hours contract and is free to go crap in someone else's garden.
  • edited March 2016
  • Not mine it ain't.

*stands guard on garden border poised with hosepipe*
  • Have you seen that cat in Hawaii who goes surfing?
  • No, cats and water, must have started young. I saw a lot of dogs down in Australia
    surfing with their owners, they seemed to be having great fun.
  • The surfing cat was a rescue moggie who had an eye removed and needed lots of bathing by his new owners, which got her used to water.
    Also she became so dependent on them that she followed them to the beach, and sits on one girl's surf board, then on her shoulders to ride the breakers. Try Googling it!