Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

im new here :-) just want to say hi and glad to be in contact with other writers. its great!

edited October 2014 in Writing
So hi.
Im 23 newly married and living in Hertfordshire.
Ive always written anything and everything for as long as I can remember.
I had an idea for a book seven years ago and the idea of the storychas stuck with me.its time to get writing it.
So here I am. Yes ive written alot. Songs..shorter stories. .poems but never a novel. Not a completed one anyway.
So great to be surroundrd by others who I can help and be helped by.
Good luck everyone.
Isn't it awesome how many creative minds there are and how many inventive and interesting stories those minds hold.
Writing is such a gift.
Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Happy writing x

Comments

• Hi Emily - and a very warm welcome to you. ~O)

Talkback is a fantastic place to meet other writers. Loads of talent here - and plenty of good advice when you need it.
  • Hello Emily. Welcome to Talkback.
  • Welcome, Emily.
  • Hello Emily!
  • :-h Hello and welcome.
  • Hi welcome to TB. Yes writing is a gift, we are blesssed.
    Hope you have lots of success with yours.
  • Hello, Emily, and welcome.
  • Hello Emily.
  • Hello Emily - yet another newcomer who had an idea for a book seven years ago in her teens and is now going to write it. You two should get together!

:)
  • Hi Em, what genre will your book be?
  • Lol lizzy.and hi! :-)
    Its like a who dunnit with a moral dilemna twist throughout.
    Do u guys ever feel like your work is like pointless!
    Like all other writers r great but u?
    N u start out with this great idea and then start doubting it?
    Argh.
    Sorry just had to get that out lol xxx
  • I think we all feel like that at times, Emily!
  • I think it's especially true before you find your voice. If your writing doesn't feel like a true expression of yourself, if it's derivative, feels forced and doesn't flow, it may be you haven't yet settled into your own style.
  • Absolute poppycock! All my ideas are brilliant, all agents who turn my work down are blind and stupid.

On the other hand - yes - all the bl**dy time!
  • I'm in the process of making substantial alterations to the novel I started ten years ago
  • Wow...good on you sm...that takes some doing. Can anyone let me in om
    The rough jist of thier novels? Im worrying mine mite b way off the mark for
    A decent read.
    Im worrying too much...that or I guess its the first time ive ever really
    Chatted to other writera.
  • I think the 'rough gist' of a novel is basically a synopsis and something no writer will know until the novel is written and something they'd rather not divulge until it is.
  • You can't worry about what other people will want to read. They will all have different opinions anyway. Write the book YOU would want to read.
  • True liz.and thanks heather.
    Better to write for yourself and have no public. Than write for the public and have no self
  • Hi! I'm new here too. I hope to get a lot out of it.

OLgA Flamenco
  • By the way, a great book to read before you start your first novel is by Murakami. It's entitled *What I talk about when I talk about running* it's about running but it's juxtaposed with writing. Priceless. And a great read as are all of his books.

OLgA Flamenco
  • Hello OLgA Flamenco, you will get missed in this thread, so suggest you make a new thread in the welcome writers section so you can tell everyone about your writing and related interests. :)
  • Hi, welcome.
  • Nice to meet you Emily and Olga
  • Hello, Olga (forgive my laziness in only using one capital letter).

Your name suggests you are Spanish, or, at least, energetic.

Welcome.
  • Welcome Emily and hola Olga.
  • Hello and welcome to the two new members.