Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Relief and a little sadness

edited October 2014 in Writing
Just finished writing another novel 10 minutes ago - somewhere around 99000 words. Always a weird emotional moment made lots of new (fictional) friends along the way - not quite time to say goodbye to them just yet as now the hard bit begins ****swear filter - editing!!!
Time to rewrite big sections - run spell check, take out lots of "was's" and "there's and theirs" and generally bore myself to tears trying to make sure I show not tell, check that what's her name's Mother has the same name she had in April when I started... Ahh the joys!!!

Comments

• Give yourself a break from it for a few weeks before you start editing, datco. You'll see so much more once you do start editing after a break.
  • Well done datco - and don't start immediately on that edit. Write something else totally different - have a break from wiriting if you cana, but do. not. start. yet. You'll ruin it if you do, and what's worse, your own work will bore the pants off you!
  • Congrats, Datco. Hope the sales of Love Byte are going well - lovely book and deserves to be a great success.
  • Congratulations.

It is an odd feeling, isn't it?