Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Places to advertise my website? Thoughts please

edited October 2014 in Writing
A slightly unusual one, but I know I will get some great ideas from the super helpful (crawl, crawl) folk on TB.

I've been working on my Make Money Writing site for a few months and now I think it is just about good enough to advertise it and try to build up some traffic.

So, could anybody suggest any newspapers/magazine (apart from 'Writing' obv.) where I could reach writers and would-be writers? Are there any places you know that have ads. for writing courses/services etc. that I could advertise in?

Eg. A friend has suggested Saga Magazine lol. (Which, actually, looks like it could be quite good as there are aleady ads. for writers' services in there.)

All suggestions very gratefully received.

Comments

• U3A magazine has adverts, as most areas have writing groups it might prove useful.
    Just looked in the magazine
    Business and advertisemnt manager is
    Gerald Brigg 01702342573
    email [email protected]
  • I'm more than happy to open my window and shout about your work to the sheep up the fell. :-B
  • U3A magazine
    Great suggestion, thank you, am following it up now.
    I'm more than happy to open my window and shout about your work to the sheep up the fell. :-B
    Please feel free, but we will all expect you to post up a video on YouTube as proof!

• Post a link to the site, then we will have more of an idea.
  • What site baggy?
  • "I've been working on my Make Money Writing site for a few months and now I think it is just about good enough to advertise it and try to build up some traffic."
  • But if there's a site full of clips of MJM shouting out a window, please post a link to that too.
  • Site is here - www.make-money-writing.info (Didn't post a link in case it might have been considered a faux pas!)

By the way, I'm also looking for writing courses to market on the site on a profit-sharing basis. So if anyone is interested in writing a writing course or maybe even has written one (on writing fiction especially) please do PM me.
  • Not a faux pas - you should also add it to your profile.
  • Not a faux pas - you should also add it to your profile.
    I've had mine tattooed across my face after your suggestion, Baggy.

• That's daft. What if you want to change it? Non-perm marker pen would have been far more sensible.
  • OMG! You are so sensible. *smacks self in face with a wet kipper*
  • Looks like a comprehensive website, Mark. Have you thought about having a 'Useful Links for Writers' page? Then you could exchange links with other writers i.e. both publicise the other's website.
  • Have you considered Britain's bestselling writing magazine Mark? Or perhaps its best-loved writing website? http://www.writers-online.co.uk/Information/Advertising/ [/shamelessplug]
  • *gasps*

That's audacious!
  • Have you considered Britain's bestselling writing magazine Mark?
    Yep. I'm saving up for it! I also want to try and reach non-writers (if that makes sense) too.
  • Sorry, couldn't help myself. Actually I could. I was poked into it!
  • Kishboo magazine and Creative Frontiers are both newish online magazine type things. Looks like both would give you free publicity in exchange for contributions.
  • You could apply for partner membership of ALLi:

http://allianceindependentauthors.org/?affid=2339
  • May I put the link on my writers group website if that's any help?
  • May I put the link on my writers group website if that's any help?
    Please do!
    Thanks for all suggestions folks!
  • edited November 2014
    Nice website, Only thing is you don't put the prices on the courses. You have to press the Buy Now button before you can find out how much it cost.
    You could post it in the many free online directories that have a category for a writing section.
  • *gasps*

happy_author's back, complete with fashionable underscore! Welcome back, old stager, life's been dull without you!
  • *gasps*

happy_author's back, complete with fashionable underscore! Welcome back, old stager, life's been dull without you!
    Well Thank you SM, have been keeping my eye on you all from a distance just to check you have been behaving yourselves.

• to check you have been behaving yourselves.

And your findings are ...?
  • edited November 2014
    to check you have been behaving yourselves.

And your findings are ...?
    Just the same old lovable bunch as before, as for those of you who can be cheeky. We'll just have to put up with you; as you've been here for so long you have started to grow moss and we know how hard that is to get rid of.

• Well Thank you SM, have been keeping my eye on you all from a distance just to check you have been behaving yourselves.
    Uh-oh. I'm surprised, nay shocked, even flabbergasted that you felt able to return... especially in light of - oh, hang on, we said we'd never mention what SM did again.

• Well Thank you SM, have been keeping my eye on you all from a distance just to check you have been behaving yourselves.
    Uh-oh. I'm surprised, nay shocked, even flabbergasted that you felt able to return... especially in light of - oh, hang on, we said we'd never mention what SM did again.

It was nothing SM said Liz. I removed myself for other reasons. I needed to concentrate on what was important at the time and plastering my name all over forums was not the right way to go about it. I now have my launch day set and a Large hotel has sponsored me a big function room; as well as a winery who have kindly sponsored the wine for up to 100 guest. I have many VIP's coming and the launch as well as the Press. It is only about 12 weeks away so still much to do. Also needed to get my website up and running which it is now online but not finished so if you want to put a face to the name you can now do so. I sure SM will be very impressed with my miniatures that also feature on my site. HMMM is that moss I see growing on your arms Liz?

• edited November 2014
    Everything you do impresses me, h_a, your talent is obviously unlimited and will no doubt lead you to unbelievable success.

May I beg a champagne cork as a souvenir from the launch, just a tiny token for me to treasure?
    b-(
  • There's a party and we're not going?

:-w

What's the website address? I want to see what we're missing.
  • Why of Course I will save you a cork SM. Thank you for the kind words.
  • Hello Baggy does it not show on my profile?
  • Now you've whetted our appetites, are you going to give us a bit more detail, h_a? I'm sure there must be TBers that would be near enough to come along to the launch - or is it in Portugal? Which press will be covering it? And the question on everyone's lips... which VIPs?
  • Got you on all platforms...
  • h_a, if you'd like to, put your book links on the TB Virtual Bookshelf (near the top of the threads).
  • Thank you PM, Just a quick sorry to Mark for Hijacking his post; Yes the Launch is going to be in Portugal,in the Algarve. It is early days to release to much info. VIP's include President of Portugal Tourism and the ATA (Algarve Tourism Board) over 30 Mayors, a Rt Hon Sir ?? sorry can't mention the name yet,British Consulate. I have a Countess as my Translator as she speaks 11 languages. guest list is around 70-80. Press 3 English speaking newspapers, 2 Portuguese and a Portuguese TV station.
  • Oooooh, impressive!
  • h_a, if you'd like to, put your book links on the TB Virtual Bookshelf (near the top of the threads).
    Thank you for that info TN

• It was nothing SM said Liz. I removed myself for other reasons.

H_A... I was teasing, I didn't for one moment think SM had anything to do with why you went - in fact, my memory is so bad I rarely really remember who people are unless they spend a very long time on here...

I am not much good at faces, either.
  • :ar! =:)

Have a couple of faces on me Liz
  • edited November 2014

H_A... I was teasing, I didn't for one moment think SM had anything to do with why you went -

That's disappointing, I worked hard on that one.

:(
  • Are you pulling faces?