Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Biography Writing

edited October 2014 in Writing
I've seen at least one ad. for a service which writes and publishes biographies (for a fee) and thought 'Hmm. I could offer that kind of service'. Apart from the fact I think I would be good at it (how modest) poking into someone's private life sounds like it would be fun!

So .... has anyone written a biography (as opposed to an autobiography) and how did it go? Do you think there is a demand for such a service, ie. are there enough people who would pay what I'm assuming must be a few £thousand at least to have their biography written and published?

Comments

• I'll pm you.
  • I've seen people asking for this service, but they seem keen to share some of the profits they hope to make, rather than to pay for the work to be done.
  • I have a friend who does this. It seems to be mostly older people who want it done for posterity and who don't have much money. There were also some issues with copyright - not sure how that resolved, but presumably would need to be sorted upfront.