Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I'm a failing fat celebrity get me off your TV - script changes needed

edited November 2014 in - Writing Problems
Does anyone else agree with Chris Packham that this programme is barbaric?

In a report today on MSN he says animals being used are doctored so that they can't use their natural defence mechanisms. Some are even being killed and it sends out an incorrect message that it's fine to kill nasty looking things.

I never really watch it but perhaps if those responsible for writing the programme re-wrote an ageing, stale script as to who does what I may do if it changed it's tack.

I'd like to see more emphasis on the failing fat celebs actually doing summat dangerous, to undertake really perilous acts ie climb the world's tallest building with out a safety harness, etc.

Comments

• Ha! Insurance wouldn't cover no safety harnesses, and I suspect the doctoring of the creatures is for similar reasons. I also hate the idea of these vacuous people being lauded for basically animal cruelty.
  • (I've also not watched it for the reasons above, but have seen ads.)
  • Never watch it, for the same reason I wouldn't go and stare at the inmates at Bedlam.
  • Don't watch it, think it's horrid.
  • I watch it for a bit then get bored. If they're making money I doubt they'll care about the animals
  • Could you provide a link to MSN report, please.
  • Pete brought home the Radio Times and there is an article in there by him about it.
  • We have our copy of the Radio Times delivered- subscription, so I'll look out for it.
  • i wonder if Ant and Dec will answer, or leave it to the programme publicity machine who have issued a very bland statement about it being nothing to do with them?
  • Watching other people suffer, interspersed with numerous adverts, sponsorship and two blokes telling bad jokes does not constitute entertainment for me. In fact I rarely find anything on TV these days that justifies the fortune we spend on it every year.

If it wasn't for my wife I'd have cancelled all my TV related subscriptions years ago.
  • C2C2
    edited November 2014
    Money for old rope, as they say.