Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

introducing myself

edited November 2014 in Writing
Hi all,
My name's Lindsay and I'm a full time primary teacher in my 50s. I decided to take up writing for children in January this year and am very much enjoying it, except on Friday nights when I just want to lie down in a darkened room. I have always wanted to write but never quite got round to it...probably because of the 4 kids and the full time job. Kids are now nearly grown, so no more excuses!

Comments

• Hello Lindsay
    I recently joined and other members have been really helpful. Good luck with your writing.
  • Hello, Lindsay, welcome to Talkback. :)
  • Hello! I am sending this greeting from a darken room... :((
  • Hello and welcome, Lindsayl.

Oh, deery me, Bill, have you had a power cut...or is it something, err, a little more sinister.
  • Hi Lindsay.

I am a former primary teacher and I write for children too (novels rather than short stories). Spot the theme...

Welcome. ~O)
  • Hi Lindsay, I write poetry for children. Welcome!
  • Thank you so much for the welcome! What age group do you write for, Nell? I've written a novel for 8-11s and am having a go at another. Though after a day with 22 six year olds dressed up as Superheroes for Children in Need, I am incapable of writing anything coherent.
  • My books are for readers of 8 - 12, or thereabouts, Lindsay.
    I feel your pain, i.e. fatigue!!!
  • Welcome.

• I'm 8-11, too.
  • edited November 2014
    Welcome, Lindsay.

@Liz. Can you be more specific ref. your age? You look lots older in your photos.
  • Hello Lindsay, and welcome to TB. You'd be amazed at the excuses we can come up with that stop us from writing a word or two - even when it's the one thing we really want to do. Writers are perverse. Good thing we're so lovable.
  • Hello, good morning and welcome, Lindsay :)
  • Welcome, Lindsay.
  • Hi Lindsay. Welcome to the forum. I'm about the same age as you and have recently taken early retirement, so I've no excuses either! I claim to be a horror writer, but most of my recent ideas seem to be comedy.

• @Liz. Can you be more specific ref. your age? You look lots older in your photos.
    Oh, all right, I admit it, I'm 56.

• You are that young!
  • Hi, Lindsay.
  • Pleased to meet you Lindsay - welcome
  • Hello, Lindsayl
  • Welcome Lindsay, you will find a nice bunch in the forum some are quirky,some are mad, but in all very friendly. Now the young ones have flown the nest.lets hope you get some great inspiration in your children's stories. Try and keep out of that dark room.
  • Welcome Lindsay. I was a primary teacher,too, now retired. I have found writing articles more relaxing. Frustrated researcher maybe. Good luck with your stories.
  • Misread the title of this post. Thought somebody was reducing themselves.

Evenin' Lindsayl

*curtsies*