Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Christmas Party

edited December 2014 in Writing
Last session for 2014 of my creative writing group, Llandudno branch U3A. The format was simple with the first half reading written work or from others on the theme of Christmas. I wrote a story based on the stray dogs in Bosnia, and the second half was a quiz I devised with three prizes (from me)
It was enjoyable and fun with food and drink afterwards. I know I've had my moans on this site, but running this group gives me a lot of satisfaction, and can see why it is popular in prisons

Comments

• You had a great time!
  • Always a good way to end the year with a party.

Well done on all the hard work you've put in toothlight.
  • Same again next year, toothlight?
  • I presume you invited Frank Lampard as Guest of Honour, toothlight? Peace and Goodwill and all that...
  • *winces*

Glad you had an enjoyable time, toothlight!
  • He was too busy, snailmale, but I have offered to 'write' his next book, and a 50/50 share of the royalties
  • Glad it went well.

I didn't go to our writing group party this year as I was away on holiday, but that's always fun. We read the top placed stories in our humour competition and also do festive limericks or rewrite carol lyrics.

One thing I started is the secret Santa book exchange. We each bring a Book (or three) we've enjoyed, wrap in recycled paper (of any description) and pile them up. We choose at random and promise to give each book we take a fair try. It's a good way of discovering authors we might not otherwise read. (Some people don't like giving up their books, so they are allowed to buy one specially, but have to read it first.)
  • Great idea, PM!
  • Yes, that is a great idea.