Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Are you introvert or extrovert?

edited December 2014 in Writing
Hi All,

Purely our of curiosity, would you, please, let me know whether you consider yourselves introvert or extrovert?
If you have no idea but you'd like to find out and let me know you can complete this quiz in a minute:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/quiz/2012/mar/13/quiz-are-you-an-introvert
Thanks.

Comments

• 17 out of 20. As I suspected.
  • 12/20 - a tendency towards being introvert. I would have thought I was more introverted than that.

Apparently, the nearer to 10 you are, the nearer you are to being an ambivert.

*rushes to dictionary*
  • 'Ambivert': a person who is intermediate between an extrovert and an introvert
  • 17/20 not really a surprise, although I am good at putting on a front!
  • 6/10 Apparently I'm extrovert. Does this appear to be unusual among writers?
  • I think it's unusual. And among readers as well. I got 16.
  • edited December 2014
    10/20. You are neither extrovert nor introvert but an ambivert.
  • Not doing it. I already know the answer
  • 12/20 what does that mean?
  • 10 out of a possible 20

You are neither extrovert nor introvert but an ambivert (yes, there really is such a word). But people who answer every question as an introvert or extrovert are not predictable across all circumstances. We can’t say that every introvert is a bookworm or every extrovert wears lampshades at parties any more than we can say that every woman is a natural consensus-builder and every man loves contact sports. As Jung felicitously put it, “There is no such thing as a pure extrovert or a pure introvert. Such a man would be in the lunatic asylum.
  • I'm saner than any of you!
  • Heaven help us all!
  • I'm saner than any of you!
    So that's 3 of us.

:O)
  • I'm a 9 and a bit extro. I did the Myers Briggs test as a young graduate trainee more years ago than I care to remember. At least I'm consistent. If I remember correctly I was also trusting, judgmental, and something beginning with "s" (surely not sensitive??!!!)
  • I'[m an introvert - 17 on this one, extreme I under Myers Briggs (but I can put on a front ;) )
  • I think it depends on who you are with as to whether you come across as an intro- or extrovert. I am very quiet with new people and those who come across as superior (whether or not it's justified!). I may come across as confident here - in words - but I'm not at all. I won't speak in public or go to places alone.
  • 18/20

Never would have guessed...
  • Introvert. I knew that but did the quiz anyway. Why, at the end, does it say 'congratulations you beat the average score'? Surely being either extrovert or introvert is nothing to be proud or ashamed of?
  • I think that's a general left over from their usual quizzes.
    They also ask if you want another go - in case you didn't like what you turned out to be?
  • 15. Interesting that the average score is 14 since most people I meet seem to be extrovert. Maybe the introverts are at home doing personality tests.
  • 18 out of 20 but I knew I was an introvert already. I answered yes to almost all of the questions.
  • I think people often seem more extrovert than they really are. When they're doing something fairly outgoing we tend to notice them, when they're not they blend into the background and we notice other people instead.
  • 10/20 seems I'm an Ambivert - so at least I learned a new word today!!!
  • 12, although some qqs were n/a, like "Do people describe you as mellow or soft spoken," or similar.
    Thanks, Balazs, for the fun exercise.
  • 12/20

On a similar note, someone asked me to take a 'What author are you similar to' quiz on FB...I got Eoin Colfer.

The only similarity myself and Eoin have, I'm guessing, would be our disbelief at the shocking spelling and grammar involved in the publishing of the quiz.
  • Quite interesting, thanks for sharing the quiz. My result:

14 out of a possible 20

Probably a fair one I think. I am definitely more introvert but I think it's dependent on the people I'm with and my state of mind