Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

My second new book of 2015- study guide to Golding's "Lord of the Flies"

edited January 2015 in Writing
I'm pleased to say my latest study guide- on Golding's "Lord of the Flies"- has gone live today on Amazon.

The last one- "An Inspector Calls"- has made a pleasing start, and the now 4-month old "Of Mice and Men" has a very pleasing set of reviews- including the latest one yesterday, which I found particularly gratifying to read.

Again, if any of you has a child doing "Lord of the Flies" for GCSE, let me know and I'll get a free copy sent to you in the hope that someone will review it in due course!

Comments

• I read it at school, but that was before GCSEs!
  • Well done, Aeschylus. Lord of the Flies is an amazing book - it must have been quite something to write a study guide for it.
  • Well done. :)
  • Congratulations! I hope it is very successful for you.
  • I'm reading it for the first time, myself. I hope your book is very helpful to the students.

Of Mice and Men -- that's the only contemporary novel I remember reading for GCSE English. The rest was Shakespeare, I'm sure.
  • Congratulations, aeschylus. Another string to your bow! I studied that book.
  • I did Lord of the Flies at school too - many decades ago!
    Piggy & his broken glasses particularly stick in my mind.
    Good Luck with the book!
  • Me, too. Hated the darn thing, esp. The bit about Piggy (out of a class of 30, I was the only one with glasses). But the underlying feeling that men were savages at heart and civilisation was only tethering us to civility by the finest of threads made me feel sick.
  • In my experience it does not appeal to female readers!
  • I loved it!
  • I loved it too. As I child I tried writing a sequel to it but I was a bit young to do it justice and only wrote 2 chapters! It was called A Fly on the Wall and consisted of Jack driven insane by his memories while his wife has an affair!!!
  • I've never read the book but watched a little bit of the film. I couldn't stomach the whole thing so had to leave the room. I can't watch anything like that. My son recently tried to get me to watch 'This is England' but I couldn't make it through. Not sure how I would ever have coped if I'd had to read Lord of the Flies for school study.
    Well done, Ae, on your continuing successes. Really 'chuffed' for you.
  • It's interesting that you say it doesn't generally appeal to female readers, Aeschylus. My first attempt to read it as a teenager failed, but my second attempt as an adult succeeded... on so many levels.
  • I read it at school and loved it.