Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

I'm a finalist

edited February 2015 in Writing
Very pleased that my novel The Water Gypsy has been chosen as one of the finalists for The Wishing Shelf Award. Not holding my breath but happy to be on the list. Winners announced next week. fingers crossed.

Comments

• Oh, that's wonderful, casey.

Fingers crossed!
  • Brilliant, Casey. Well done. :)
  • Wonderful Casey - congratulations!
  • Congratulations!
  • Good luck, Casey. :)
  • Oh, well done, casey! Fingers crossed here too!
  • Excellent, casey. Well done!
  • Fabulous, congratulations! Everything crossed!
  • Wow, that's brilliant. Good luck!
  • Fantastic news, Casey! Keeping fingers crossed for you. :)
  • Best of luck! brilliant just to get shortlisted.
  • Fingers crossed for you
  • Thanks everyone. Not holding my breath but really happy to be in the final. I'm in good compay, there are a lot of great books on there. :-*
  • Congratulations, Casey! Best of luck to you.
  • Great news :) Congrats!
  • Excellent - best of luck, casey! :)

marion
  • Good luck casey! Well done x
  • Good luck. Either way the reader feedback should be useful.
  • That's brilliant news Casey, well done and good luck %%-
  • It deserves it, a wonderful book I enjoyed reading it and couldn't put it down. Best of luck.
  • Thanks everyone. Winners to be announced on 1st April. Fingers crossed till then.
  • In case anyone else is thinking of entering here are the details of the judging:
    THE WISHING SHELF BOOK AWARDS 2014 FINALISTS
    Below is a link to the 2014 FINALISTS in The Wishing Shelf Book Awards.
    http://www.thewsa.co.uk/finalists2014/
    The children’s books were read and judged by children in 8 UK primary and secondary schools, the adults books by 2 Reading Groups, 1 in London and 1 in Stockholm. The books were marked according to EDITING, THEME, STYLE, COVER and, in the case of many of the children’s books, ILLUSTRATIONS.
    The WINNERS will be announced on April 1st, 2015.
    If you happen to be looking for a good read, the readers at The Wishing Shelf Awards thoroughly recommend these books.
    Cheers!
    Edward
  • It's quite a lot to enter, casey - but, in your case, worth it!
  • Well done casey. Good Luck.
  • Actually TN the entry fee is comparable to other novel contests. The Rubery Prize is £35 to enter, The Bath Novel Award £20, The Kindle Book Award £20 even the McKittrick Prize needs you to send ten copies of your book, which, including postage would be nearer to £50. So £28 is not so bad and I've had lots of coverage and readers plus I will get feedback. So, IMO not a bad deal.