Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Who would you LEAST like to give a lift to or be stuck in a lift with...

edited March 2015 in Writing
I'm asking this as a bit of research for a story - I tried googling the most disliked men & women in Britain and got a huge array of answers varying from Katie Price to David Cameron - so who would you least like to be forced to spend time with??

Comments

• Russell Brand.
  • Those awful twins off a reality tv programme.

Or that Simon chap with the smug expression.
  • LizLiz
    edited March 2015
    Putin. Or any other psychopath. It's not going to be that long is it, I shouldn't think it's beyond any of us to be polite and engage with whoever it is as long as they don't have designs to kill us.

I happen to know it's just as awkward if it's someone you really like and admire...

But if it was going to be the worst person to be n it with for a short time, it would be anyone who doesn't like ME. I don't have much control over that.

• edited March 2015
    Katie Hopkins.

Or Farage.
  • Russell Brand
    Kanye West

Off topic, I would love to be stuck in a lift with Stephen Hawking, Stephen King or Ozzy Osbourne.
  • Jehadi John

• Myself - I don't mean being by myself, I mean talking to another me *shudder*
  • LizLiz
    edited March 2015
    Some of the people I'd very much ENJOY being in a lift with:

Stephen Fry
    Eric Idle
    David Attenborough
    Will Smith
    Jennifer Anniston
    Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family)
    Steven Chapman

• Ian Duncan Smith
  • Somebody having a heart attack or other medical emergency.
  • Oooh, yes, anybody drunk!
  • Someone who was smelly.

Even people I consider unappealing would be better company. If I don't agree with someone's views, I do admire their commitment. It would always be interesting to listen, for a short time, why they hold such views.
  • Similar to Baggy's choice, I'd not like to be with Peter Sellers in that famous farting scene.

Usually when I am with my sons in a lift, that farting scene is acted out.
  • edited March 2015
    I agree with Baggy - smelly people are definitely on my list.

Along with anyone wired to explode, literally or figuratively.
  • Anyone more claustrophobic than me; or someone who really, really needs to pee.
  • A moaner, a terrorist or someone who is contagious.

I'd like to be stuck with a lift engineer.
  • I'm a smelly moaner who always needs to pee!
  • Not you then, br!
  • I have b-r in the lift with me, Nell, so you can't have him.
  • Just as well...
  • Jeffery Archer or Gary Glitter
  • A spoiled brat and his/her indulgent mother.
  • I'm smiling at Claudia's choice - out of horror more than anything. Can you imagine Gary Glitter, eeeuuuww.

A box of matches and an arsonist.
  • The kind of idiot who insists on jumping to see if the lift will move.
  • Last time I jumped in a lift for a laugh I smacked my head against one of the light fittings :S
  • Anyone who had a problem with flatulence, I'd laugh so much I'd wee myself.
  • You may laugh, Maro, but you'd not be able to inhale. I imagine all the tiny particles of poo in the air, when I am with someone who farts in a lift
  • edited March 2015
    Similar to Baggy's choice, I'd not like to be with Peter Sellers in that famous farting scene.

Usually when I am with my sons in a lift, that farting scene is acted out.
    did not someone put a post where smelling farts is now good for you.
    http://www.writers-online.co.uk/talkback/#/discussion/185495/good-news-for-us-all-particularly-sm-dora-baggy-et-al

• C2C2
    edited March 2015
    There was an famous artist, can't remember which one at the moment, one of the impressionists. He would insist the ladies in the bordello, he chose to paint, had to eat Turkish delight and nothing else for days before he started his work there. He would then inhale their expelled air at close quarters, and would comment how wonderful the aroma was. Mmm, strange people, some of these artists.
  • edited March 2015
    That reminds me of an art course I took some years ago, Maro.

We were asked what we thought of a certain picture by the artists 'Gilbert & George', It was one of their pictures done with faeces.

I simply said "It's shit."

The tutor took a dim view of me after that.

I still don't get modern art, even after the course.
  • Was it their own, I would like to know Some artists go to great lengths to get noticed.
    I don't know why the tutor took a dim view of you after that comment. I would have asked why you made that comment, it could have made an expansion on the discussion, and elaborated on the thoughts of other members, on the subject. Did others make any comments?
    Good on you, I say. As with any creative art there is more than one personal opinion. Shame on the tutor.
  • I can't remember if it was their own, Maro.

The comment aroused some giggling from other members of the class; I think that was why the tutor took a disliking to me.