Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Assistance offered

Hi Everyone
I haven't been around for a while and since managing to get a bit more free time, I've been trawling the posts looking for ways to contribute to the forum but have been unable to identify a meaningful way that I can, hence this post.

I have an extensive background in policing and am more than happy to help anyone with any queries that they may have about how they can make their stories more realistic (from a police perspective).

The last time I posted I ignorantly breeched etiquette and don't wish to do so again so won't be posting links to my blog, unless specifically invited to.

Hope I haven't caused any offence with this post and that it's in the correct place.

Kevin

Comments

• Thanks for the offer, Kevin. Sounds like a better idea to ask than to get ourselves arrested in the name of research!
  • Hello again, Kevin.

Taking part by joining in on threads helps everyone get to know you- even if you only visit once a week. :)

We often get writers who join, post their link and never return, and they clearly have no intention of doing so, or taking part - unlike you. :)

So thanks for coming back and offering your help. It's always useful to know someone might be able to help with a query.

We've got a mix of serious and non-serious posts, so just join in- if you want.

We have a blog updates thread, so any of the members who have a blog can post update links there, helps to ensure we don't clutter up the main board, and people can go there and find lots of choice.
    The thread is ongoing so it's always somewhere within the first couple of pages on the main discussions board.

:)

• Hi, Kevin, welcome back.
  • Hello, Kevin.
    Have a go at the One Word Challenge.
    btw
    does your ansafone say 'ello, 'ello, 'ello ?
    I so do hopes so ;))

Anyone got ideas for suitable ansafone messages for occupations?
  • Hi Bill
    I thought about Nein, Nein, Nein, I am not in at this time, Vat do you Vant?
  • Welcome back, Kevin. Do join in. They'll get over the bad policemen jokes eventually (or not - their stamina is legendary!)
  • Nice to see you again, Kevin.

It's good to know there's someone on hand to advise with criminal procedure. Thanks!
  • Certainly useful considering the number of old lags on this forum
  • Sounds really useful - thank you Kevin.
  • Thanks Kevin - I may well be in touch soon!
  • Hi Lizy
    feel free to get in touch any time.
  • Thought I would tell everyone this.

I PM'd Kevin the.writer for advice on police procedure and he was very helpful. Thank you, Ktw.

:x
  • Thanks Lizy