Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Politicians

edited March 2015 in Writing
Been listening to lots of the general election guff going on right now and I've come to the conclusion that all the parties must employ fiction writers to draft their manifestos. Either that or after the election Nick Clegg & co might decide to take up an alternative career as writers - hope I'm not tempting fate...

Comments

• I just want them to grow up. I want to walk into PM's Question Time and make them all sit on their hands in silence until they can learn to behave. I want to send half of them to the naughty wall, and the rest to be on warning.

Maybe, datco, we have a fictional government run by characters in someone's badly written novel. Let's face it, they all need a darn good editing to get them to make sense. *puts hand up for the job*
  • I hate them all equally.
  • I can't say I'm enamoured.
    Makes me think of the Wizard of Oz - you can choose for yourself who is who!
  • I'm voting Green. The Gvt have just okayed GMO by the back door , and will be signing TTIP, where we can be sued by businesses if any Gvt brings a ruling where a business misses out. so the banning of something that is very fuel heavy, or poisonous even, can bring about a suit. It's already happening in the USA.

Meanwhile the Gulf Stream is slowing. And not one party (except for the Greens) seems to realise that unless radical changes are made to virtually everything, our children are doomed.
  • edited March 2015
    vote for Pet Dogs Democratic Party (PDDP). Leader Alfie Dog.