Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Better Late

edited March 2015 in Writing
Yesterday I had an email from a member of Llandudno Writers thanking me for sending the list of meetings for the year. I was puzzled at the name, as I hadn't seen him for years. Then I saw the list, dated January 2009 Has he been in a time warp? Is this a plot for a time slip story?

Comments

• Email him last weeks lottery numbers and ask for a cut of the winnings.
  • That's a strange one, toothlight. Definitely a cue for a time warp story! :)
  • Oddly, we've just been sent the tax declaration certificate from our bank - for 2011. Perhaps people are confused about which way the clocks are going tonight - and how far.
  • I am shocked and dismayed - does this mean I can't even trust the internet? [-(
  • I'll wait till he emails me with the news of Nelson's victory at Trafagar, then blow his mind with the news the Wright brothers actually flew a heavier than air machine
  • I am shocked and dismayed that my comment has gone!

That leads me to the undeniable conclusion that toothlight is jinxed.
  • You bet I am. Not only has type 2 diabetes stopped me running, cos me bloody feet ache, but now I've got ruddy GOUT in one big toe!
  • Our greenfinch had gout in one toe. The vet snipped it off.
  • Noooooooo!
  • I am NOT showing my missus your post, LIz, cos she'd love to use the garden shears on me.......from the neck upwards
  • But she seemed fine afterwards! I'd definitely recommend it as a cure.

She lived to 13. Quite a long time for a finch.
  • Gout is usually caused by an allergy to certain types of food.

MyOH had sensitivity tests, which showed he was inlolerant to shellfish, tomatoes, mushrooms and strawberries. All things which I like, which is why we often eat different meals.

The tests failed to reveal any other sensitivity, which didn't surprise me.
  • Seeing the post from Lizy, I wonder if my allergy is my missus.....just a thought