Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Blog Page Names - Help from an Expert needed!

edited May 2015 in Writing
I want to post a link directly to my blog page dedicated to APARTMENT FOR SALE but it comes up as BLOG AWARDS.
I assume I must have changed the original name at some stage but I can't work out how to make the link come up with the new, correct, title.
The same thing happens with a page now called TOY POEMS that I obviously originally called LITTLE POEMS FOR TOYS. (Too twee by miles!)

Expert help needed please :)

Comments

• edited May 2015
    It looks OK on the blog to me, Lizy.

Do you mean you've just corrected it, but it's showing up as the older version when you link to twitter and Facebook?
  • I can see what you mean. I'd create a new page - you can copy the content as HTML code so you don't have to add the photos again.

http://lizy-expat-writer.blogspot.com.es/p/blog-awards.html
  • edited May 2015
    How do I do that, Baggy?

and yes, Patsy, that's what I mean, although I changed it months ago I haven't tried to link the page directly before - I've always linked the entire blog.
  • I've had that happen when I've changed a title in a post and linked to it straight away, but it's usually OK the next day. I've never tried linking to a page before though.

Doing as Baggy suggests seems like a good plan.

If you go to the page as though you were going to edit it, then click on html (instead of compose) and copy everything, you can then copy onto a new page you create and link to that.

Once you're happy with it, delete the one with the dodgy title.
  • Create the new page first.
  • Done it! Thanks guys xx

I couldn't see how to delete the old one but it's gone from the front page so all is well.
  • You could make it private, or unpublished, or whatever Blogger calls it.
  • It's not visible, don't worry.
  • It's my tidy mind, Baggy - I don't like having unwanted stuff hanging around.

TN's influence, you understand!
  • I'm the same, but I wouldn't want you to be crushed by peer pressure!