Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Anyone near Cullercoats/Newcastle?

LizLiz
edited May 2015 in Writing
Because on June 5th at 7.30 I will be appearing. And poeting. At the Eclectic Iron Festival.

I can't remember if there is anyone here near there.

Comments

• Nor me.
    :(
  • *checks coordinates*

Nope.
  • Didn't think so. I have a horrible feeling I will be alone. *sobs into hanky*
  • We could hire a coach?
  • There WAS someone on the forum from those there parts. Can't remember who. It was a man.

*feels satisfied to have narrowed it down for Liz*
  • Aha! *rolls drum until someone comes up with who it was*
  • There WAS someone on the forum from those there parts. Can't remember who. It was a man.

Yes, I was trying to remember...ST.. something? A young student ... had a play performed...? It is not that he is not rememberable [?]... more to do with my memory.
    We should, ought to, have a LIST OF MEMBERS so that we can find names etc.

Liz, I am usually up there a couple of times a year, but wont be there until after June 5 - pity because I would have liked to have been there to hear you perform.
    If you get the opportunity have a stroll, car ride down to St Mary Lighthouse, and/or along to Tynemouth.

• Thanks, Bill! It would have been lovely to see you. My publisher is incredible, his last festivals was said to have been the best he'd ever been to by David Almond (who was first published by them), so I am looking forward to it.

His (the publisher's) front door is said to have a dragon painted on it. He always wears red trousers. He's a very colourful character.

Don't know if we'll have time off as we are going to try and take in as many things at the festival as possible, but i will take note of the lighthouse etc, thank you!
  • He's in London, Lou.
  • I seem to remember that St Force is from the Newcastle area, but maybe I remember wrongly [not unknown ;)).
  • Okay, who's within 100 miles? We may need to ship you in.
  • Lol! Free strokes of Lola on offer! StF is deffo in/near London.
  • Even more disappointed I am so far away.
    :( :(
  • Safe in Worcester.
  • EVERY cloud has a silver lining...
  • edited May 2015
    I wrote on the wrong thread, meant to write on the what you doing then thread and now can't cancel this one.
  • Oh dear.

Right, we need to parachute someone into the Newcastle area. Volunteers?
  • Anyone will do. Even Snailmale. I didn't mean it about the clouds, SM.
  • edited May 2015
    I have something to reveal:
    I believe the chap everyone's trying to think of is I.

I'm not convinced I even know where Cullercoats is, though. I've certainly never been there before.
  • HELLO, BM! Apparently it is beside the sea. And reachable by metro from Newcastle, so can't be far... have just looked on a map for the first time... It's to the right of Whitley Bay. So not that near, but not far.

If you are there and can make it, that would be lovely (but don't feel pressure, I'm only teasing, here!).
  • Hmm, it sounds doable. Though I'd have to bring someone along as a tracker, I've a nasty habit of getting lost in new places.
  • Hmm, it sounds doable. Though I'd have to bring someone along as a tracker, I've a nasty habit of getting lost in new places.
  • Goodness! I do, too.

Well, two more people, possibly coming, that is FABULOUS! And one I know, virtually!

They have sold thirty advance tickets, apparently, and it is a small venue, the lifeboat house.

How exciting. i hope, if you do come, you don't find me boring.
  • Wish I could be there. Have fun XX
  • I'd love to see you, Liz.

One day...
  • Me too Liz. Let me know if you are ever going to be anywhere near the Wirral.
  • Absolutely. I know where the Wirral is. *Googles*
  • I hope all went well for you last night Liz.
  • Oops got the dates mixed up. I hope all goes well for you tonight Liz.
  • I hope all went well for you last night Liz. Look forward to hearing all about it.
  • How did it go, Liz?
  • I have given a full report somewhere or other...

Very well. It was held in the most beautiful place... an RNLI boathouse on the beach with views all round of the sea. It was sunny, so beautiful sights and sounds too.

Some people at the back stood which made it tricky for Pete to take photos, but he did get some.

The publisher kept telling me he sold loads of books which was very happy-making, there was music before me, a singer who sang beautifully, then me, then a break, then more singing, then a short story writer.

Lots of people came up and asked questions after. I took photos and put them on a big easel they got for me and some came to take a closer look at those too.

It was a happy place. And after I enjoyed the rest of the festival more, realised I'd been a little heavier with dread.
  • I know I'm late back to the party here, but very well done, Liz, I'm sorry I couldn't make it. It sounded fabulous.