Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Writing tool

edited June 2015 in Writing
What dose everyone use when writing on the go.? Am looking for a small netbook that would fit in hand bag that would have office on it. Do theses excist.

Comments

• I use a Chromebook - small and very versatile. It doesn't have Office because it's not Windows based. But it does have something similar to Excel and Word, and you copy and paste it to Word if/when necessary.
  • I use a laptop - it's my home computer too (I connect up a bigger keyboard and monitor at home).
  • I have a Packard Bell notebook which is very small, but not always easy to type on!
  • I use my ipad sometimes - it writes in Pages, but converts to Word when you mail it to your computer.
  • I could use my Kindle Fire as I've got an app that I can use, but I'm paper notebook away from the house.
  • Backs of receipts.
  • Back of my hand.
  • Back of the bike shed.

Oh sorry - wrong discussion.
  • I use either pen and notebook. Or my Kindle Fire or Netbook.
  • I use my Ipad for bits and pieces and then e-mail to myself. When back on my Windows PC I post it into Word.
  • I just keep a notebook in my handbag or I have downloaded a note taking app on my phone. There are quite a lot of apps that allow you to do this or writing apps
  • If you're mobile and with device, both OneNote and Evernote are free tools, both very good and easy to use.