Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Val Wood Creative Writing Competition

edited July 2015 in Writing
http://www.valeriewood.co.uk/#/competition/4578134634

The competition is open to anyone over 18 years of age. Entries should be in the form of a short story and entrants are free to write about whatever they wish but each story must feature one of these four iconic Hull connections at some point in their story.

-Dead Bod
-Hull Fair
-Holy Trinity Church
-Hull Train Station /Paragon Interchange

The winner of the competition will receive £100 and their entry will be published on the website www.valeriewood.co.uk. The runner up will receive £50 and there will also be two commendations of £25. Cash prizes are kindly donated by Quickline Communications and The James Reckitt Library Trust.

Comments

• I haven't been to Hull in years. Last time I did I visited that building that overlooks the sea. I think it's a museum.
  • Lol Dora. Hull overlooks the Humber as an estuary some would argue that's the sea, and the river Hull. I suspect you might mean the Maritime Museum which almost overlooks a dock ;)
    Hull is also 2017 City of Culture, which, watching things develop and grow shows a lot of potential for the younger generations.
  • Yes that's right the Maritime Museum. :)

Ooer, does that mean there'll be lots of interesting events on in 2017 in Hull then?
  • A whole year full.

Exciting times.