Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Thunder! Lightning! Rain!
  • 'When shall we three meet again?'
  • No rain here, it's been absolutely lovely. And warm. Lola walk gorgeous.
  • Haven't opened the blinds yet, but it feels sunny.
  • Pale blue sky with thin cloud. Not very inviting but we have shopping to do, son's b/gift to deliver etc.
  • Wore shorts for breakfast al fresco. Now it's grey. I have put on trousers and a cardi.
  • Sunny earlier, pouring with rain now. Glad Sammi and I had an early dry walk.
  • Today's forecast - showers. Today's reality - dry. I almost hung washing out, but as soon as I approached the line the sky went black. Took washing inside, clouds didn't shed a single drop. I hope the locals are grateful.
  • Lovely day. The OH went out for his paper WITHOUT A JACKET!!
  • Looks lovely. Some people are walking past in T-shirts and some are wearing jackets.
  • Am on my balcony enjoying the sunshine. Just hope the boy with the motorbike doesn't roar up outside. Am looking into a nearby development for more mature tenants. Wish I could afford to buy a property in a retirement village. To be surrounded by aged people, of my own race, would be a delight for me...
  • Hot, hot, hot. and breezy, but a warm breeze. Procrastinated on the hammock and somehow managed to eat a whole box of maltesers. I don't feel that sorry for OH. i know i should. couldn't help myself, they are so moreish.
  • Too warm out the front when I was weeding and sweeping.
  • Don't blame you. Maltesers are delicious! Can't resist them...!
  • It was 24 degrees today. Lovely.
  • There's a breeze, but much hotter in the city centre. Was glad to get home where it's cooler.
  • Hot with a strong breeze. Lovely.
  • Hot with a lovely cool breeze.
  • Sooo hot!

I am cooling down with a G & T.
  • C2C2
    edited May 2017
    Washed load after load today, can't beat drying outside. Yes, mega late spring clean. Great day.

Even the dogs had a bath :)
  • Cooling somewhat now. Did sit by the kitchen door, next to my balcony, earlier, but the heat got too much for me... prefer the nights when it's cooler, these days.

And to think I used to sun myself in such weather when I was young! Tan easily. Of foreign extraction(over a century ago now...). Well, English!
  • Thunder and lightning rumbled across the sky 4am this morning, a lovely sight.
  • Went to local park at 5am this morning. Lovely and peaceful. Wide, open spaces. Quite sunny, then. Was getting a little heated, so had to come back. Bit of rain since, turned dark. Cooler now, thank God...
  • Wonderful, rumbly thunder last night.
  • No thunder here, but it did rain early on. The sun is now out again. I think they said it would be 27 degrees today!
  • Lightning at 2.45. An hour later, thunder, lightning and heavy rain. Just had another shower.

http://www.lightningmaps.org/?lang=en#y=51.2819;x=-1.4788;z=6;t=3;m=sat;r=0;s=1;o=0;b=0.00;n=0;d=2;dl=2;dc=0;
  • Light rain this morning. I went for a walk in tee shirt and cut-offs, so it was warm.
  • Oh to young, filled with the joy and zest of life, and allowing the raindrops to fall onto them, soaking them through... Just like Gene Kelly. 'Singing in the rain', style...! Whoa, it's good to be alive!
  • edited May 2017
    Had some rain but it's passed over, now brightening up- and likely warming up.
  • Some rain, cooler, pleasant. Still had to water outside tubs.
  • A thunderstorm this morning, with a five-minute downpour, then brighter with showers, and now there is thunder not far away again. A cooler day than forecast.
  • Wet! Glad I mowed the lawn yesterday.
  • It thundered during the night time here and there was quite a bit of rain to freshen up the night. At 5am, during my walk in the communal garden, it was refreshingly cool, after all the muggy days. Looks like it is going to be overcast all day, which suits me fine...
  • Similar weather here, Lydia, although I didn't hear thunder. It was lovely to hear the rain thrashing down in the night. Kept the windows open, nevertheless.
  • Yeah. Agree. Love the sound of rain against the window. Pitter patter..
  • Lots of rain in the night. Grey but warm this morning.
  • After yesterday's lovely weather, it was disappointing to wake up to rain again.
  • Need sunshine. Haven't had any for a few days. The hot water boiler - half solar, half immersion - has failed in the immersion part, and if the sun doesn't shine, showering is a shock to the system first thing. We've taken to skipping across the courtyard to use the one next door.
  • Grey but dry. We have to go out - the OH has broken his other glasses, and we need petrol.
  • Wet, wet, wet! :(
  • Grey. Only a bit of rain earlier.
    It's cold, though. I have put the fire on.
  • Been miserable all day, still very windy, dull and keeps raining on and off.
  • Cold, wet and windy.
  • Lovely morning, pissing down all afternoon and evening.
  • Still wet but windy aswell.
  • Windy. Dry. Rain due. Chilly.
  • Yucky
  • Downpour. Dripping with rain.
  • Raining, but not as windy as yesterday.