Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• Nice day in Dorset. B-)
  • Muggy, not helped by an oven that hasn't cooled down yet!
  • Dull morning. Gorgeous sunny afternoon and well into the evening.
  • Sunshine but very windy.
  • Drizzly.
  • Lovely and warm. There's a gusty breeze but it's still warm. We had rain this morning.
  • Yesterday was wet and stormy - first rain we've had for ages. Unfortunately the high winds did some damage to my veggies. :(
    Today is a mix of cloud and sun with a bit of wind, but nothing like the strength of yesterday.
  • My veggies have caused some gale force winds in the East Midlands.
  • It's rained a couple of times, but seems to have cleared the clouds. Bit of a breeze.
  • Very windy, some dark clouds but the sun is lurking in the gaps.
  • Windy, cloudy and we had rain earlier.
  • We had wind and rain earlier. Now it's dry and bright and very warm.
  • Dull but muggy.
  • Still windy, cloudy but dry.
  • Drizzle this morning but lovely now.
  • Clear blue sky, very sunny.
  • Very cloudy.
  • Intense heat today. Headache weather.
  • Had a great start to the harvest, the weather is looking good again...onward :)
  • Bit 'ot.
  • Fabulous today. I have become more able to cope with hotness. Except sugar wise. We paid for car parking but I needed food too much so had to get to Waterstones for cake. Well, technically I could have stayed where i was and had glucose but Waterston's cake was paces away and who am I to exercise self control when my blood needs sugar? We forgot we'd payed for parking. It was good cake. It took AGES to get back again to okness. It's the heat. I don't feel over-heated any longer but it affects me in other ways. then we realised we had already payed and what was to be done? Turns out you just feed in your ticket and it calculates how much more you owe and everything is ok.
  • BOILING.
  • Very hot outside. Lovely and cool inside. About to go outside. B-)
  • Lovely. Fresh and cool.
  • Very hot!!!
  • Much too hot. #:-S
  • Yep. Same in Dorset. House is lovely and cool.
  • Hot and sunny!
    Which means that when my Canadian family arrive next week it's bound to be chilly and raining, because for sure this won't last into the end of next week! X(
  • edited June 2018
    After a baking hot fab day out in Derbyshire, I sat in my garden in the shade.

Felt chilly! Moved my chair into the evening sun.

Cool breeze here.
  • Misty (!) at 6am.
  • Same here but it had gone by 7. Very sunny with a nice breeze.
  • Ditto
  • Felt chilly again

Wish it would rain
  • Hot. Forecast is for rain tomorrow afternoon.
  • Looking good in Sussex for our Village Fair, which has been held every year for 700 years. I have a spell on the church bottle stall, but first I must take photos of OH who will be a passenger on a motorised trishaw in the parade!
  • Gorgeous day here with light breeze. Took the Fatboy beanbag out to sit on with the umbrella, it was wonderful reading out there.
  • Sky has lightened just a smidgen
  • Very hot again.
  • No rain. I was kind of hoping there would be...
  • Soooo hot during the night. The only thing stopping me from sleeping in the garden was the thought of getting bitten by little critters.
  • Fresher morning.
  • I have slept in the garden on the hammock - they didn't seem to do anything, but you could drape a net curtain over yourself. Slept well last night - today is lovely and warm but there is a lovely breeze, too.
  • Very hot again.
  • It's been fab in East Mids. Always is.

Lot cooler now. Having to shutme winders.
  • The heat's relentless here.
  • I can't recall another year where i can sit here in the study in just a t shirt without a cardi on at this time of night.
  • At last, so nice to be indoors out of the heat.