Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's the weather like there?

Comments

• It looks grey but it is warm outside.
  • Hot and sunny here!
  • Warm and dry.
  • Sunny most of the day.
  • Weather has calmed down a lot, still windy but not as bad.
  • Was a bit breezy earlier. Then a bit of a shower. Now not raining. Warm.
  • edited September 2018
    fabulously warm wind yesterday
  • Thunder rumbling all night - or lots of planes heading for the sun!
  • Rain and breezy, but nothing like yesterday.
  • edited September 2018
    Blimey it's blowy out and the rain is lashing down. Unrelatedly, road outside is being resurfaced with huge machinery crunching and beeping. I understand why they don't want to close the road in the daytime but there are downsides to night working as well! Might just get up and forget about sleeping for a bit.
  • A brightish morning.
  • Bright but a cool breeze. Seems today's predicted wash-out came yesterday instead.
  • Same here, carol. The washing draped from my kitchen ceiling might even go outside now!
  • Cooler but sunny.
  • Cool but bright with high thin wispy clouds.
  • Lovely sunrise.
  • it's lovely and warm in the garden, just put out some washing and wished i could stay out there...
  • Beautiful moon last night - did you see it?
  • We had about four flakes of snow and rain, but it's very cold.
  • Did see it, Lizy.
    Breezy, sunny, chilly. 
  • Sunny, breezy and chilly.
  • Bloody freezing. 
  • Beautiful sunny morning here. Was up at 8 because Rosie didn't know the clocks had gone back. B)
    Apparently there's snow in parts of the UK.   :smiley:  
  • Bright and sunny. Don't know what it's like outside temperature wise.
  • Bright, sunny and cold.
  • Wilts said:
    Bright, sunny and cold.

Ditto!
  • Ditto. Luckily Lola sleeps soundly until I get washed, come back in and get dressed, more specifically, she gets up when i put my trousers on, so I don't suffer either part of daylight saving. 
  • Scraped the ice of my car's windscreen and set off to Bath. Horrible fog on the way but after that it was and is gloriously sunny. Warm in the sun and even had lunch outside. 
  • Liz said:
    Ditto. Luckily Lola sleeps soundly until I get washed, come back in and get dressed, more specifically, she gets up when i put my trousers on, so I don't suffer either part of daylight saving. 

Lucky you! Unlike when we're at home in Ireland, Rosie sleeps in our bedroom here in Spain. (Long story - but basically she got very scared when we tried to leave her downstairs.) The upshot is that when she wakes she gets up and rests her head on the duvet, tail wagging, making little noises in the back of her throat until one of us stirs. 
  • That's so sweet. From a distance. :)
  • Will you be able to retrain her when you return, Claudia? I have had several cats over the past 50 years, but none have ever been allowed in the bedrooms. 
  • Very fine sleety snow falling. Cold!!!
  • We have snow!
  • Yikes! Cold in Dorset. No snow. 
  • edited January 2019
    Lizy said:
    Will you be able to retrain her when you return, Claudia? I have had several cats over the past 50 years, but none have ever been allowed in the bedrooms. 
    I hope so! She made no attempt to go upstairs when we returned to Ireland last year. 

p.s. sunny but quite chilly (although it's all relative)

• Snow has gone now thanks to the rain.
  • Bright here, but will soon be heading in a northerly direction. I might pack a hat - except then I will have hat hair.
  • Was very cold first thing, then less chilly around midday but now back to cold again. 

I have hat hair today.
  • Hat hair is very annoying. My OH never seems to understand why I don't like wearing hats.
  • Claudia said:
    Liz said:
    Ditto. Luckily Lola sleeps soundly until I get washed, come back in and get dressed, more specifically, she gets up when i put my trousers on, so I don't suffer either part of daylight saving. 

Lucky you! Unlike when we're at home in Ireland, Rosie sleeps in our bedroom here in Spain. (Long story - but basically she got very scared when we tried to leave her downstairs.) The upshot is that when she wakes she gets up and rests her head on the duvet, tail wagging, making little noises in the back of her throat until one of us stirs. 
    That's so sweet!

My trainer says to a dog different places are different territories. So when you are training them you should do so in all places you will go to give them the idea that a rule is the same everywhere. But conversely, it helps in situations like differing rules in different houses. Which also explains why our choir leader's sister's guide dog, who has never attempted to go upstairs in their house and isn't allowed in the bedrooms, runs upstairs and goes to sleep on Caroline's bed whenever her sister visits. 
  • That's interesting, Liz - and explains why Rosie made no attempt to go upstairs when we returned to Ireland, yet when we arrived here in Spain this time, she went straight upstairs.

p.s. she is adorable in the morning. She leaves her crate to come over and check if we're awake. If it's too early my OH simply whispers 'go to bed, Rosie' and she goes straight back to bed. 
  • Lola, too, if she does wake up. I just tell her to go back to bed. She used to have a crate but now she just has a bed. Very occasionally if it very cold she will come up to where I am and whine very quietly. It sounds terribly sad. Then I let her up on the bed and she cuddles in. And sighs. She is very, very careful not to make any noise or move in case I get fed up and oust her again.
  • I saw a couple of flakes of snow this morning but that was it. I know it's cold out as this morning I could hear my OH scraping ice off the car windows as I was snuggled  up in a nice warm bedroom.
  • Very frosty. Clear sky and sunny. I've opened the windows and turned off the heating. 
  • Now warmed up a bit so turned the heating down but not warm enough to open the windows.

• We have had hail, sleet and rain so far today!!! Very cold.