Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Squeezed - new book out next week

edited September 2015 in Writing
Hi everyone I thought I should say that my latest Rom Com is out next week in paperback format (kindle version 2 weeks later for some reason)

Not sure what my expectations are for this one I have to say my last effort got shorlisted for Rom Com of the year so here's hoping for a repeat performance!

It's on Amazon now and will turn up in a variety of bookshops over the coming weeks - some Waterstones will have it most won't my publisher only turns over £80 million a year which apparently means they don't have enough clout to get it everywhere, anyway just thought I'd let everyone know!

Comments

• Congratulations! I'm sure it will do very well.

=D>
  • Well done. Don't forget to promote it on the back of the first one's success.
  • Congratulations! I'm sure it will be a hit, datco.

• anyway just thought I'd let everyone know!
    Shout it from the rooftops, Datco! Congratulations - and fingers crossed it'll make Rom Com of the year.
  • I say! Fab, Datco!
  • C2C2
    edited September 2015
    Well done indeed, Dacto :)>-
    Thanks for the link BB.

Just asking, will it be available on kindle at some time in the furure?
  • Well done. Edinburgh's up there with Dublin as a literary city. Do you set your books there?
  • Congratulations.
  • My latest Rom Com is out next week in paperback format (kindle version 2 weeks later for some reason)
  • Congratulations, datco! (We knew him before he was famous, you know. Nice young man - always knew he'd do well.)
  • Well done, and the best of luck, datco - I'm sure you'll have those copies flying off the shelf in no time.
    some Waterstones will have it most won't my publisher only turns over £80 million a year which apparently means they don't have enough clout to get it everywhere
    Wow. Publishing's a funny old game, isn't it?!
  • It is. And it's a tough one. Financially they're not doing that well. But at least they continue to develop with new imprints and remain independent.
  • Ooh, I say! Sounds like one for the Kindle! Remind us again when it comes out electronically. And happy publication!
  • Well done datco, and good luck in the bookshops.
  • Cracking news, mate! Best of luck with it :)
  • Thanks everyone for your comments and good wishes. It is exciting to get another book out but not as thrilling as the first time (almost but not quite) when you have all the novelty of it and the enthusiasm. I also think that my experience of struggling to get any publicity and coverage left me a little jaded.

I was also painfully naïve about the whole publishing industry - even though I'd read all about it and spoken to loads of people beforehand - when it comes down to it you're just a number and it is just sheer luck to get anything published at all. Yes you have to be able to write and yes you have to persevere but the chances of having a hit with a book are infentessi....infintessima...infantezim..(Tiny) but we live in hope.
  • Well done datco and lots of luck with the new book!
  • Many congrats datco, hope it sells well.