Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Once upon a title

edited November 2015 in Writing
I have been trying to come up with a clever title for a collection of Adult Fairytales - not rude, not horror, just quirky, original stories.

I haven't quite got enough yet to move forward, but it won't be long.

I wondered whether you wordsters might be able to come up with a few clever ideas... or, failing that, just a few ideas!
Tagged:

Comments

• is there a common theme? Anything to connect to a well known quote? Is there one, single word which conveys the feeling you evoke?
  • edited November 2015
    Only that they have fairytale elements in common, Bill.

I've been trying to play with well-known phrases such as: Once Upon a Time/Far, Far Away/Long Ago/Happily Ever After.

There are certain elements which appear such as: Fairy Godmothers, fairies, pixies, elves, goblins, gnomes, three wishes, magic, wands, wings.

I've tried incorporating the words: twist, twisted, magic and mayhem, or making a new word such as 'Queerytales' or 'Warytales'- but that's not the right essence!

I also tried lifting a phrase from a story - GodmothersarenotjustforCinderella.com - but that might make the book difficult to find if there's a typing error.

Oh, and they are all light-hearted - and a little bit funny (at times).
  • Wands, Wings & Wishes
  • try thinking [aloud] laterally - fairies, wings, gossamer, invisible, are you sure that cupboard is empty? that ornament wasn't smiling yesterday, or was it...etc etc...
    you may have a BINGO! moment.
  • Airy Tales
  • I also need to show that it's an adult book. I thought of your title, Claudia, but that could attract children. And yours, Liz.

We obviously all have great minds!
  • Tales of...
  • Tales from the bottom of the garden.
  • What about one of the titles of the stories with 'and other modern fairy tales'?
  • That is a good idea, especially if the story title is an obviously adult one.

I did try to help, but every thing I thought of that had 'adult' and 'fantasy' in it came out a bit innuendish.
  • Little Tales for Tall People
  • Great suggestions, people! I'm posting via my phone and there is no 'Thanks' button, so thanks! Keep 'em coming!
  • Alternative Magic
    Tales with a Twist

???
  • Cinders grows up?
  • How about stating the obvious?
    Fairytales for Adults
    Magical Tales for Grownups
  • Tall Stories
    Tales My Mother Didn't Tell Me
    Flights of Fancy
    Shorts for Grown Ups (with back view of sexy shorts for cover art work)
  • Lots of food for thought, folks.

And thank you, Betsie, for volunteering for the sexy photoshoot. ;)
  • Be Careful What You Wish For
    Never Say Never Never
    Midnight Wishes