Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Festivals and events you plan to go to in 2016

edited December 2015 in Writing
HI all, I'm starting to plan what writing related festivals I will be going to next year and was thinking we could build a list.

Easter con- Manchester- Easter
Edge Lit- Derby- 16th July
Liverpool Horror con- August (TBC)
Tagged:

Comments

• Purbeck Literary Festival - February
    Weymouth Literary Festival - March
    Sherborne Literary Festival - October
    Dorchester Literary Festival - October
  • Lowdham Book Festival - June
    Usually a few online festivals but not sure when 2016's are.
    Festival of Romance- date unknown.
  • Cheltenham Literary Festival - October
  • I'll be going to Luton Hoo's Kids book festival in August - as an author!!! Can't wait!
  • See you at EdgeLit, David :D
  • Determined not to miss the next West Cork Literary Festival in July.
  • I'm going to Swanwick writing school next year.
  • See you at EdgeLit, David :D
    See you there boredrobots
  • I think there's an opening of an envelope going on in my hall tomorrow morning.

Will probably go to that.
  • Was it good, Dora?
  • EasterCon, Edge-lit, Fantasycon and maybe, just maybe, if all the money falls right, MidAmeriCon2 which will mean no Nine Worlds next year.
  • I'm all booked up for FantasyCon :)

EdgeLit and SledgeLit on the cards as well.
  • Same here, it would be silly to miss it, being A: So darn cheap. B: So darn close. C: So darn good ;)
    I may make SledgeLit too, forgot that one!
  • Were you there this year, SL?
  • I absolutely don’t know yet which events I am going to visit next year… at the moment I am totally broke, so I have to decide carefully, what event I will go to :P I haven’t been on a festival for the past 5 years but I would really like to got the Novarock… My friends are always telling me, that it’s the best of all, so I guess I will save all my money for it :P
  • I'm going to Swanwick writing school next year.
    Have you been before?

• How can I find out which festivals or events are in my area? Is there a website that I can go on to find out what is available and where?
  • You need to be signed up to newsletters from literary organisations in your area.
    Check out links on local and county council websites.
    Look at the links in Writing magazine- and at the top of this page where it says Resources.
  • Bath Lit Fest hopefully, luckily just down the road for me!
  • Bath Literary Festival is down the road for me too, but more importantly for me, the Bath Children's Literary Festival is in late September.
  • Got my ticket to the Curious Art Festival.

Warwick and Stratford both have literary festivals and we usually go to one or two events from those. I'm not sure who's on the bill this year.
  • York Literature Festival from 10th - 23rd March and Swanwick in August (for my 11th consecutive year)
  • I've booked for Swanwick for my first time. Really looking forward to it.
  • Hay looks good in May.

Going to the Edinburgh Festival (not a literary one).
  • I'm going to Swanwick too,