Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Problems with competition web site

edited February 2016 in - Writing Problems
I have had difficulty getting into the Nottingham Writers Club web site to enter their competition, every time I get - This page cannot be displayed. After trying to find out the answer to the problem I was informed: your computer appears to be correctly configured but www.nottinghamwritersclub.org.uk is not responding. Has anyone else had this problem?

Comments

• I can't even spell competition correctly! I made sure that I copied the web site address correctly.
  • Just tried and I can't get the site to load. I've notified a member of the club.
  • Looks like there's a problem at the moment as I can't access the website.

I'm off to the club shortly, so if you still can't access the page use the [email protected] email address to send a message and Mars or I can get in touch with our website provider to find out what the problem is.

• I have just tried again and had the message - do not continue with this website. I will try the e-mail, hope it can soon be resolved.
  • All up and running again thankfully.

Apparently it was a hosting provider issue- from problems that had been occurring all day. It may have been a DDOS attack or a power failure, no definite answer I'm afraid.

But get in touch if any further problems occur when attempting to enter. :)
  • Anyone know how we can enter that competition to win a computer?
  • I don't think we can. Not yet.
  • edited February 2016
    The closing date is 15th March so there's time yet while they fix it.
  • I wonder how many will judge the computer company over this. They never replied to my email about it.
  • Just logged in and something's different... >-)
  • Form a queue...
  • I feel strangely unnerved.

I hope I don't break anything.

Is it something to do with PM's prize? I feel lost and confused.
  • My prize isn't broken - it's just that Webbo hasn't finished making it yet. He's a busy man you know.
  • Busy. Hmm. We are all busy. He needs to prioritise.