Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Triumph Unabridged!

edited May 2016 in Writing
Suffolk Norfolk Life Magazine, in the shops today contains my article about Suffolk mills.

Comments

• Well done.
  • Hello Carol. Thanks for your comment. SNL, a glossy, mag. full of info, about jazzy, local people, events, history, supplied by local authors is well worth reading.
  • We have something similar for Nottinghamshire, and I believe there's one for Derbyshire too.

• Do you contribute to them?
  • edited May 2016
    What I could produce doesn't fit their requirements- it's for the 'affluent and successful people of...' and is concentrating on those with disposable income in the more prosperous areas of the county, and the next county over.

Haven't checked out the Derbyshire one yet.
  • Well done Patricia!
  • How lovely, Patricia!
  • Well done, Patricia.
  • Well done!
  • Well done. The county magazines are jolly posh, so your article will look great as well as being well-written.
  • Hi MB & all, thanks for your encouraging words. The editorial team do wonders with the material they receive. Ed. likes subjects of local interest, for example in the May issue there's are features about miller, fisherman, farmer, and forthcoming Cromer/Sheringham Crab Lobster Festival. Ed Sheiran was front page news in March. Variety wins!
  • Well done :-)
  • Congratulations, Patricia!
  • Onwards and upwards!
  • If you decide to do a follw up in sussex, i live near jack and jill mills, clayton.
  • Well done, Patricia. Nothing like seeing your work in a good quality, glossy mad. (Ah...I remember the days...sigh :) )

marion
  • Liz, is that mills that were owned by a Jack and a Jill, mills that made men's and women's cloth or clothing respectively, mills run and worked by men and women respectively, or two mills that mirror each other in design?
  • Many congratulations, Patricia!
  • Hello Lizy, nice to receive your comment. I aim write about what I know. For instance I've submitted another article about the mobile library; a super local service that is in danger of being cut.
  • Sorry. I mean that I aim to write about what I know. cfn<blockquote rel I aim write about what I know.

• Well done Patricia. Local magazines vary a lot as some seem to basically report on the local social scene and others embrace evrything about the area. I always look out for local titles when on holiday around the country and have written for several for places where I have never lived. Sounds as if you have what this editor needs.
  • Hi Wordy, what are you writing, currently?
  • Ho Patricia again. Researching several bits and pieces but doing a writing course at present so it is rather dictating time issues.