Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

It's been a while!

edited May 2016 in Writing
Hello everyone,
I've probably not visited Talkback for around two years and thought I'd just make contact again. I've been going around in circles for a while, and I'm feeling the need to reconnect with you all again. I gained such a lot of useful advice and made some nice friends when I was active. Hope you are all well? Perhaps will see some of you at Swanwick this year?

Comments

• *twirls*

Good to see you!
  • Hi, lots going on.
  • Hello again, cath - and welcome back!
  • Thanks ladies. lovely to hear from you all. Talkback looks quite different but actually, I quite like it, which is strange for me as I usually hate change.
    I've lost my way a bit, looking for guidance really. I learned so much when I used to regularly connect with Talkback. Writing has been put on the backburner, due to all my other commitments but I'm planning to part-retire/go part time in October so I should be able to spend much more time on writing/marketing/daydreaming :-)
  • Ladies and gentle...man :P Welcome back, Cath :)
  • Have you got the tenner you owe me, cath?
  • Have you got the tenner you owe me, cath?
    lol! Was it only a tenner?
  • Hiya. This is the place to come when you've lost your writerly way. We could put up a sign that says, 'Don't follow us - we're lost too', but we'd rather pretend we know what we're doing.
  • Hi, Cath!
  • Or, if you prefer, 'Lo, Cath!
  • Welcome back, Cath. You've come to the right place if you need some writing motivation - this forum is my saviour. :)
  • Hello Cath!
  • Hi Liz, Lizy, Claudia and Mrs Bear. Lovely to chat with you all, once more. It's true, there is no place like Talkback to tickle the creative muscle. I did my best work when I regularly joined in!
  • This is my therapy clinic! 8-}
  • I could do with some of that !
  • Hi Cath. I'm new to this forum too. And just like you, am looking for guidance, so maybe some things I write here will resonate with you, and vice versa? By the way, can someone explain the 'private chat' threads? What are they all about..?
  • Private chat threads are for when we want to talk about you behind your back, Lydia ;))
  • edited May 2016
    Click the name of the person you want to talk to, Lydia (not sm, of course, as he is no help), then click 'Send X a message' - if you want it to be private!

If you write in the box where it says 'Add comment', other people can see.
  • I'm no help

*proud* ;;)
  • *prouder* (even though not a Brummie)
  • I love a bit of deja vu...
  • The price will increase if you vote 'out' TN
  • So anyone can join in on those threads, example, General Chat(PRIVATE?). Don't understand that, if they are referring to private messaging, why does that have to be emphasised on certain threads...?
  • A thread with (PRIVATE) next to it can only be seen if you're logged in, and does not pop up in Google searches...so it's semi private...sort of.
  • *clears throat and chips in*
    ...So, as we're all members, we can see 'Private' threads (not private messages - unless you are included in the recipients), but the general public who might stumble across this site will not see those Private threads, only the general ones.
  • Oh. Learnt something today then, as that must be the same in other forums too? Where computer technology is concerned, I am a distinct dinosaur...!
  • As opposed to extinct...! Preferable, the former...! Heart still beating!
  • Why howdy there young Cath, and welcome back.
  • Hi Lydia and hello again Dora. It's good to be back. I can feel the old spark igniting again. I've just entered the Bridport flash fiction competition; my fist short story comp entry in about two years. I did send a very dark poem off a while ago, which would not be to everyone's taste, wasn't even to my taste but I just had to write it as it was real. Perhaps that's what poetry is all about. Snapshots of true raw emotion?
  • I like those words:- 'snapshots of true raw emotions...'. They are the type of things that I wish to tune into my writing with.

I sort have been going along with the idea of writing about romantic love, but now I feel, hey there's a whole world of heartache out there to tap into.

Let's try and be carthartic and screw it out of my mind, the 'raw emotions' that come with such complex entanglements and activated emotional shipwrecks... Got to be worth a shot, methinks...