Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

What's your favourite book title?

edited June 2016 in Writing
I'm writing a blog post about this and would love to know what you like and why. Are there any books where the title alone makes you want to read it?
I think my favourite is By Grand Central Station I Sat Down and Wept. Just typing it I'm thinking I've got to read it again.
Tagged:

Comments

• Snow Falling on Cedars. It has musicality, the deliciousness of cold and the comfort of the cedar-smell, movement and softness, light and delicacy.
  • Favourite book title...or favourite book title of a favourite book?
    I ask because one of my favourite titles: A Farewell to Arms is a book I've never read!
  • Either. Does it not tempt you to read it Claudia? What is it you like about the title?
  • It's a very short book.
  • I'm not too keen on Hemingway, so whilst I like the title, I'm not tempted to seek out the book. I would possibly buy it if I saw it in a charity shop.
    Why do I like the title? It's very poetic. I read somewhere that this wasn't Hemingway's first choice as a title. I can't remember what the original was, except that it was awful.
  • First among Equals by Jeffrey archer - never read it, don't like the man but great title.
  • 'My Family and Other Animals'
  • The Book with No Pictures by BJ Novak... it's a short kids 'picture' book that contains... no pictures at all! Instead the reader is forced to say ridiculous things. Heard the author talk about it on the radio (american actor) and immediately wanted to buy it. My children love it.
  • The most curious title I've heard is
    "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe"
    I've not read the book but loved the film
  • I unintentionally came upon the location where the film was made, Betsie... and ate fried green tomatoes in the Whistle Stop Cafe. They were delicious!
  • Loved that film.
  • I unintentionally came upon the location where the film was made, Betsie... and ate fried green tomatoes in the Whistle Stop Cafe. They were delicious!
    Oh wow Cladia - I'm impressed and envious.

• Another intriguing title and a book I enjoyed is by Jenny Eclair
    "Life Death and Vanilla Slices"
    Cleverly structured plot - a good read