Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

CAT thread

edited July 2016 in Writing
My son's family have three cats - one entire female, one spayed female and one male. They hoped that Oswald, who is a ginger Savannah cross, would mate with Lily, who is a silvery Savannah cross, as they are inseparable.

Last week Lily produced four kittens, one black and three with her markings but none of them ginger. They may or may not be Oswald's, but he is acting like the fondest. proudest Dad you can imagine! When Lily goes for food or a toilet break he is there in the bed with the babies tucked into his tummy, cleaning them and keeping guard.

The vet told my son that a male cat would attack the kittens - he was so wrong.

Comments

• Aww, how lovely!
  • PICTURES!!!!
  • There's a picture of Lily with kittens on my FB page, but John's video of Oswald on guard is limited to family only. LEt#s see if I can copy and paste my photo.

Chat among your selves.
  • No - can't do it. Look on FB a few days ago.
    Liz Young (Elizabeth Hadden-Harris)
  • My son's family have three cats - one entire female. . .
    Goodness me! Can't we just be thankful that the 'political correctness' wand hasn't been waved over cats. Entire female indeed! I think it must be time to re-evaluate myself -- I'm off to the mirror :-O
    P
  • No - can't do it. Look on FB a few days ago.
    Liz Young (Elizabeth Hadden-Harris)
    Doesn't show on your 'public' page. :(
  • edited July 2016
    Bum! I wish FB hadn't changed it's format - I don't know what shows up where now.

Edited to add that I've been to look and Liz and Mrs Bear have seen it, among others, so it's there somewhere!
  • Are you and Claudia Facebook friends, Lizy? That might be the problem. Not that being friends is a problem... ;)
  • Yes, I saw it this morning.
  • Oh! Thanks Baggy
  • Does this mean there will be no more cats on Facebook?
  • Snail - I'll send you the next photo direct as you're clearly missing them.
  • My sister helps out at cats protection. Does that mean I am eligible to contribute to this thread?
  • Beautiful little scene of contentment, Lizy.
  • My sister helps out at cats protection. Does that mean I am eligible to contribute to this thread?
    Of course.