Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

This is MY bench

edited August 2016 in Writing
It's a really nice bench, great view, and probably replaces the old bench wot people was always trying to nick from me.
MY BENCH
Keep off

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited August 2016
    But, surely, you only need a small perch? Is there not room for a couple of tiny, owl-loving buttocks?
  • You keep yer buttox to yerself.
    Well, budge up a bit then. You know how I like to bring up pellets and I don't care where I spit 'em.
  • How about if I bring you a mouse?
  • Thank you! *Proffers bag of voles*
  • Ah - vole-au-vents, the perfect picnic food.
  • 'hovers about bench with sugar mouse'
  • edited August 2016
    Go on then, I'll take the sugarmouse
    (snatches and gulps)
    (Burps)
    But no to the voles. They give me wind.
    But if you'll read me one of your poems, Liz, you may join me.
    Mrs B - VERY CLEVER, please move along the bench, everyone, while Mrs B parks
  • LizLiz
    edited August 2016
    Ooh, er.

Ok, guess which animal this is - i'll have to remove it before nightfall as it's going in new book as a shape:

Gone! Eaten by... I shan't say a word.
  • Someone's got a boa constrictor in their handbag
    THANK you for sharing, even I I promptly forget it.
    You may sit
  • Thank you!
  • Larvely bench what!

• Hope I don't take up too much space on the bench. We bears are a little over-generous in the posterior.
  • Well shove up then while I hawk up a pellet
    Actually I put pettel first time but trust me, petals are NOTHING like me pellets.
    I like the view from here, it changes every day. Seaside right now, sunny evening, tide's going out, nice breeze. Blue skies overhead and if it were not for they fecky seagulls, life would be perfick.
    (watches seagull splat land nearby)
    Careful, Mrs Bear, get yer parasol out.
    DORA, did YOU write me a poem to get mish to sit there ... or are you just presuming upon our very old and long acquaintance?
    Thought so. OK then.