Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

NaNoWriMo

edited November 2016 in Writing
Is there a fred on this this year? I know some of you have done it in the past and in 2016 I finally took the plunge too. But I can't see a fred on it - please guide me to the right place
(staggers about waving white stick in one hand, a white flag in the other)
Or if not, I'll use this to hear wot you're doing or not doing

Comments

• no idea, but i did hear from my daughter on Sunday that one of my favourite books the year was written as a nanowrimo. The Night Circus.
  • BR is taking part.
  • Or not. Might not be. I've lost track of who is.
  • I'm not doing Nano, instead I'm attempting to create 30 short story drafts this month.
  • Massive challenge Ms Phots. Guess we won't see you on here!!

:-((
  • It's not as hard as it sounds, stick an hour aside each day and you can get it done easy peasy! You're writing a zeroth draft, remember, not a finished product, not even a first draft! Word wars for 15 mins can give you upwards of 500 words with minimal effort...so making 1,667 a day is a lot easier than you think.

Yes, you'll make mistake, and yes it won't be perfect..but that's the point!

I am NOT doing it this year, this would have been my eighth time doing the challenge if I was...oof!
  • We (LM Towton) are doing Nano again this year. Trying to get part of (or full) first draft of novel no. 3. Last year we managed over 80k for a complete first draft of novel no.2 - so we'll see how it goes.
  • I'm doing a nanonano. Just making sure I write a bit of my new book every day.
  • Massive challenge Ms Phots. Guess we won't see you on here!!

:-((
    Ha! You don't escape that easily!

Today's is very short and even more rubbish, but I'm on track.
  • Excellent and congrats.

I'm not doing it cos I have other tasks. *reason or excuse?*

And now I see I've just inherited another task. Very interesting!!
  • edited November 2016
    Inherited? Or a task you offered to take on?
  • I'm giving it a whirl, completely freestyle with no plan at all, stream of consciousness burble, it's a 'Just Write' exercise. I got to 10K yesterday so I owe it about 2k today. Really not sure I can keep it up but am gonna havva bash.
    Good luck you others!
  • Good luck with it, Ceka!
  • Thanks, Tosh,
    12,507 by today but Oh God am I winging this!
  • Go girl! :bz
  • I'm doing a nanonano. Just making sure I write a bit of my new book every day.
  • edited November 2016
    Is Granny Gold involved? That delightful 'serial' would have been perfect vehicle to do on NaNo!
    I've just banged out a couple of thousand words and am now up to 16,851
  • Excellent!

Just went over 15k ourselves.
  • Hope everyone is still on track! Feels weird not doing it, it's been a part of my life for almost a decade :S
  • Kick on, Jediya. So far, BR, yes, on track but it's a strange experience, setting in each evening, with absolutely no plan until my fingers hit the keys, what I'm going to be putting!
    23,073 words, closing down for the night.
  • OK folks, just the one trumpet blast and then I'll never mention it again.
    I just finished NaNoWriMo and clocked in at 50,106 words.
    Neverabloodygain though.
  • Well done, Ceka!
  • Great

Hope you find a use for all those words not too far off in the future
  • Nice one, Ceka!

We're behind on our count due to both our hectic work schedules but all we care about is we're getting a decent first draft started for our latest book :)

Not sure if we're going to 'win' Nano this year but we'll definitely have a full first draft by the end of the year at this rate.
  • Kick On Jediya