Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Caravaggio

edited November 2016 in Writing
I'm looking forward to going to the 'Beyond Caravaggio' Exhibition. Hope the title doesn't mean there's only one of his paintings and the rest are those of minor artists who were influenced by him.

Comments

• let us know - then I might go ;))

I would hope they would bring in paintings from other galleries.

I might go, but just reminds me once again that the place is full of pictures I can see at any time...just never seem to get round to it.

He had an interesting personal life, it seems.
  • edited November 2016
    Okay Bill. Expect a report after the 3rd December.
    Apparently, bones containing a lot of lead have been found in what is thought to be his grave. The paint he used contained lead according to Wiki and that might account for screwy behaviour.
    'The Conversion of Saint Paul' is one of his paintings I particularly want to see.
  • edited December 2016
    'The Supper at Emmaus' was the most impressive of the Caravaggio's at the exhibition. Unfortunately, there were many works by his followers and only about three more of his. 'Boy Bitten by a Snake' was one. Happily, I was also on the trail of Thos. Gansborough and was not disappointed.