Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Problem converting a Publisher pic to a jpeg

edited November 2016 in Writing
I have designed a front and a back of a book cover with the intention of transporting the whole caboodle across to CreateSpace. I see it on Microsoft Office Publisher as a front and a back, but when I save it as a jpeg or look at Print Preview, only the front shows.

I've done it once with another book cover, and must have clicked the right things, but I just cannot fathom what I did. I have been trying and trying to work it out since early this morning! I know it's something to do with Master Pages, but I'm sure I've tried every combination (except the right one).

My life is drizzling away...

Any ideas?

Comments

• Always helpful to google it, using the relevant version of Word/Office.
  • I have followed all the instructions on the Help section on Publisher. I think it's something minor that I've done wrong along the way. I've been trying for five hours to get it right!
  • That's annoying.
  • edited November 2016
    Isn't it just File > Save As > Save As Type click JPEG, save...thought that's all you had to do? Not many steps to go wrong :P
  • What b-r says.
  • No, that only saves the right-hand picture.
  • Wanna send me the file and I'll have a quick go?
  • Thank you, br. You are a kind man. A very kind man.

I'll chuck it your way. I have your email address...

Duck!
  • It's your page size, TN!

Look, if I drag your cover 'off' the page it shows how much it extends past the paper size you set. Poor Publisher is just doing what you tell it, print the page and you've been shouting at it all this time :P

Change your paper size to something more suitable :)
  • edited November 2016
    Yes, but I set it as a double master page (I thought!) and the template it gave me was two pages, one each for the back and the front...

I'll go back into my hovel and try again.

Thank you, br!!
  • OMG!!!!!!

I started again (with a new blurb and my most recent tweaks)and it blinkin' well worked.

br, you are a genius!!!!!!

Hip hip hooray!

I can't show you as I don't know how, but the jpeg is there in all its two-sided glory!

That's a day of my life I'll never get back...
  • I have thanked you on FB, but you won't see it as it wouldn't let me tag you.
  • br, you are a genius!!!!!!
    I do keep trying to tell people, but no one believes me...