Welcome to Talkback!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tagged

Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector
  • Hello,

Has anyone done a City & Guilds course on Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector, and if so, do you know any good providers? I'd like to do it online, which I know isn't ideal in many ways...yet most of the online ones I have seen appear to be closer to a scam than a school!

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi CescaWrites, can't help you with your query, but maybe someone else will be able to.
    In the meantime, why don't you introduce yourself in the Welcome Writers category? :)
  • If I could find it!
  • You'll have to start a new discussion (thread) and pick Welcome Writers from the Category pull down menu :)
  • Welcome CescaWrites!
    I did the PTLLS course a couple of years ago - Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector. It was a classroom course run by the local education authority. I think it was one day a week for about 8 weeks. Not sure how an online course would help because we had to run a mini-teaching session successfully to pass the course. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend.
    Best of luck in finding something suitable!
  • Thanks Sally, and sorry for such a delay! xx
  • I did one at West Herts college a few years ago - it was around £250 I think and it did help to be there in person as you learned from each other, and as sallyj says you have to do a mini-teaching session and so you also get to be a learner in everyone else's session which is really useful.