Welcome to Talkback!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red or white to slurp as you write?
  • Pondering here about what is your favourite tipple when writing?

Definitely red for me.

Cheers!
  • Either. Or port.
  • Tea. I don't drink alcohol. Not any more...
  • Neither when writing. Rose spritzer afterwards.
  • Coffee when writing. Wine at the weekends, and although I prefer rosé, I'm currently drinking white.
  • Not interested in coffee. Unless it's very milky.
  • With the exception of fizz, I don't like wine any more. It would send me to sleep if I drank while writing.
    #lightweight
  • Neither. Not too fond of most wines, the odd Malbec or glass of white being the exception.
    I usually stick to a coffee when writing, occasionally a beer.
  • I like wine - but I drink it after writing, not during.
  • Yes, I have to admit I don't really drink actually WHILE writing. Goodness knows how drivelly it would get. Although I have written after drinking at night before going to bed.
  • My desk is barely large enough for a laptop, a mouse, and a file - anything else would be in danger of getting knocked over.
  • LizLiz
    *surveys desk and realises it looks like she's drunk anyway*
  • You don't have to get drunk just cos yr sipping wine. I often just have one (large) glass and that's enough.
  • Red. Australian or Chilean Shiraz, preferably.
  • Although since I tend to write in the morning, any imbibing I do while writing is usually on Facebook in the evening or when commenting on haiku forums and the like...which I guess isn't really a good idea. Although I don't think I've upset anyone yet. :)
  • dora said:

You don't have to get drunk just cos yr sipping wine. I often just have one (large) glass and that's enough.

One large glass is MORE than enough to inebriate me, dora.

• And me, Liz!
  • LizyLizy
    dora said:

You don't have to get drunk just cos yr sipping wine. I often just have one (large) glass and that's enough.

I mix mine with soda and rarely get drunk as I hate the sensation, but I am clumsy enough for the proximity of wine and laptop to be inadvisable!
  • When dining out I sip wine and then water wine and then water.

Then wine wine wine and then I need to be watered.

*crosses legs and stumbles to the loo*
  • I'm having a really good slurp on the red tonight, just finished my first glass.
  • Not a big wine fan, but if I do it's red. generally i like to have coffee when writing, or else have a couple of beers if it's an evening.
    When I finish a piece and feel like a treat, it's a single glass of a nice malt whisky as a wee toast to myself!