Welcome to Talkback!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's in October 2017's Writing Magazines?
  • Who's in October 2017's magazine? The magazines probably won’t be in the shops until 7th September so DON’T EXPECT THEM UNTIL THEN.

If you spot yourself, please let us know which magazine and WHICH PAGE; and the name the article appears under if it differs from your Talkback name. If you spot someone else, PLEASE LET THEM post the details here.

REMINDER: This issue has the Competitions Special included.
  • I had a quick look and didn't spot any TBers.
  • Mine's just arrived.
  • Flicked through.
    I never seem to read them any more...
  • Nothing here, but I don't know if I renewed my subscription in time to receive this issue. Time will tell. :(
  • I've spotted TBers in the comp section.

TN, I flicked through two issues in the week. I don't think I've ever read one.
  • Got mine, no time to read it yet.
  • Just discovered that I've got a mention in the Competition Guide (p.27), shortlisted for the Jane Austen Bicentenary Competition. The brief was to write a 500-word alternative ending to one of the novels. If you'd like to see what I came up with for 'Pride and Prejudice' - Mary Bennet determined not to be left on the shelf - please take a look at the Stories and Poetry section of www.maggiecobbett.co.uk
  • Congratulations, montholon.
    Thanked by 1montholon
  • Congratulations montholon.
    Thanked by 1montholon
  • Well done, montholon!
    Thanked by 1montholon
  • Congratulations, montholon.
    Thanked by 1montholon
  • Congratulations montholon.
    Thanked by 1montholon
  • well done, Montholon!
    Thanked by 1montholon
  • Congratulations, Montholon. :)
    Thanked by 1montholon
  • CarolCarol
    My writers' club's 2018 national competition details are included in the competition special.
  • Mine's arrived. Will be reading it this evening.
  • Claudia said:

Nothing here, but I don't know if I renewed my subscription in time to receive this issue. Time will tell. :(

It arrived - yay!
  • CarolCarol
    Should say Webbo, thank you WM for subscribers receiving their issue well before the date it's in the shops.
  • Yes thank you Webbo and WM.
  • WebboWebbo
    Thankfully it was a five week month! We can't always deliver this early (effectively a week), but we have taken steps to ensure you will get them before newsstand
  • Arrived yesterday in Brittany.
  • I hope WM & WN aren't, gradually, sneaking away never to be seen in letterboxes again, Webbo. We can't read a crit of a winning comp such as the current paranormal story now without computer can we.