Welcome to Talkback!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missing Amazon Author Page
  • Has anyone heard of an Amazon Author Page going missing? My link to the UK one no longer works and the message I get seems to suggest that it no longer exists.

I must admit that for some time I have been very lax at promoting my books which has meant no sales this month. Could that be why?

I dread the thought of starting again... :((
  • Seems to be a common issue. It happened to me. I reported it and it's back now.
  • Oh, phew. Thanks, PM!
  • It also happened to me yesterday, but it's back now. Phew!
  • Thanks, Lou.

I have sent them a message to reinstate it.
  • Very odd. I was worried I'd done something wrong and was being erased!
  • Very odd. I was worried I'd done something wrong and was being erased!

:D

As if!

• I need to check if the One Word Anthology is back on my Serena Lake profile. It was missing.
  • This has prompted me to check my author page - all seems to be in order.
  • Oooh, I have a look at mine.
  • It's there.
  • Amendment: I have had one sale.

My page is still not there.

Error 404
    Looking for something?
    We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site.

• That's what I had. Bite their ankles and/or ask nicely and they'll put it back.
  • It should come back automatically. Eventually.
  • It's back! I am still an author!!
  • Do you also have a page for IMDB, TN?!
  • That seems to come automatically. How do you get a little thing on a Google search, you know, where a person comes up in a box on your right with a short bio?
  • Both of mine have now disappeared, so I've used the contact form to ask them to reinstate or tell me why they've been removed.

A couple of days ago it was just the One Word Anthology missing off Serena's page, now the name links are showing but nothing happens when you click either of them. :(
  • Had an email saying sorry and they've sorted it out- haven't checked yet.

Just checked all has returned to normal.
  • Liz said:

That seems to come automatically. How do you get a little thing on a Google search, you know, where a person comes up in a box on your right with a short bio?

I did find myself on one of those the other day. But now it doesn't happen!

• You get shown other people you know, but it says 'only you can see this'. And I was shown myself once, but never again.