Welcome to Talkback!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An Open Horror Anthology Call
  • LeeHLeeH
    As I'm back on the writing train I've come across an open call for a new anthology about monsters for the more hideous of writers, it's a paying one($100) called Monsters of Any Kind.

https://www.independentlegions.com/news/open-submissions-monsters-of-any-kind-anthology

I'm having a bop at it.
  • dora
    Yikes! Lee's back on the train.

*prays we don't go through any tunnels and all the lights switch off*
  • LeeHLeeH
    Nah don't fret, only 9 out of 10 people die horrifically in my stories, there other 1 in ten only suffer or are maimed.
  • Eek!
    I might try to come up with something for this.
  • LeeHLeeH
    Do so Claudia. It's always good when other people you know get in. When I was regularly submitting and posting the calls out I ended up sharing pages with many t'backers - takes on the voice from The League of Gentlemen - "This is a local anthology for local people!"
  • Welcome back Lee!
    Thanked by 1LeeH
  • Ohh interesting thanks Lee
  • LeeH said:

Nah don't fret, only 9 out of 10 people die horrifically in my stories, there other 1 in ten only suffer or are maimed.

So you go for the happy endings by not having a clean sweep of deaths! ☺
  • Currently editing a horror short story to send out somewhere else. I'll keep this in mind thanks for sharing
  • Same here!
  • Hmm, not sure if post disappeared or I'm going crazy(er)...am happy to read/red pen your story, Jen, if you think it would help?
    Thanked by 1Jen
  • Hmm, not sure if post disappeared or I'm going crazy(er)...am happy to read/red pen your story, Jen, if you think it would help?

You are so nice :) I'm too scared that it's that bad. I have this problem where I seem to over edit and I'm concerned it's now too fast paced and has no atmosphere. Fiddling with the end at the moment. I could go back and read earliar drafts but I've worked so much on it. I could work on it until I'm happy and take a chance, hoping it's not so bad. It's an old idea, the first story was sent to a magazine with a critique, gave up and then worked on it again.. now years later I'm trying again.
  • I know that feeling, as I'm sure 99% of the people here do. It's bullshit though...not to say that a person's writing can't be bad, but to sat that it's too bad to GET GOOD. You've done more than most by getting a draft done and prodding and poking, REGARDLESS of wether you're 100% happy with it or not (spoiler alert - you never will be!)

Get it finished and send it off to a bunch of beta readers - people you trust to give you honest and constructive feedback.
    Thanked by 1Jen