Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Thundercats Are Go.

edited April 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Okay, I didn't know what to call this thread and anyone who doesn't remember Thundercats is scratching their heads, saying 'huh'?
    I just wanted to share this with someone.
    I'm really feeling fired up about my writing right now. I had a couple of poems published in a local mag about two years ago, a feature article last May in a leading new-age magazine,came 'highly commended' in our writer's club competition witha  short story, had a short-story broadcast on BBC radio last year and now I have a book deal and another article in a pagan interest magazine. I'm feeling very good.
    I also have around 25,000words which didn't go into the book that I can use in another one and while trying to come with a proposal/synopsis for the next wicca book, I realised the material really needs to be dealt with differently. I now have outline synopses for three more wicca books and I'm really excited about that.
    However, I also have my new horror novel to work on. I've decided that until the first non-fic hits the shelves later in the year, I will focus entirely on short non-fic articles (trying to get paid for them!) and finish the novel.
    I aim to have the novel finished by August at the very latest so I can send it off. That way, the book will be out soon after and I can see if my publishers want anything else and if they do, I have the three outlines prepared already to choose from.
    Now you can see why I said Thundercats are go!
    Of course, I now have to start disciplining myself to get the novel written...
  • Way to go Moira ....
  • I remember Thundercats!!!  Well done on the writing :o) 
  • Thunder - thunder - thunder....
    Brilliant stuff!
    Will you be at Witchfest this year, since you're writing wiccan books?
  • You're on a roll!
  • I can assure everyone that Moira is almost floating everywhere, she is that excited.
    She can be a very bubbly personality with serious moments, but at the moment you can imagine her as an excited young lady, dressed in her party clothes, ready to attend a party especially for her. I mean this in a sincere way, she is a good friend. And we (all of us at NWC) are all happy and supportive in her success, and hope there will be many more.
    Thundercats! Yes, I remember them, my oldest was a little boy at the time.
    Oh dear that does age me.
  • Evaine, no I'm not doing any national stuff at all this year, I think Witchfest etc will already be completely booked up anyway. I just did 2 workshops at the Pagan Fed conference in Nottingham and this Weds I'm speaking at a witchy/pagan group and will also be doing the PF Samhain conference in Lincoln - also going to organise a series of one-off workshops  in the autumn, as well as running a correspondence course for 'novice' witches. Are you also Wiccan?  I would like to do some national festivals this year, but I think I left it too late so local will have to do for now.
  • I'm not wiccan - more of an Anglican with pagan leanings - but I am part of the re-enactment group that will be at Witchfest this year.  We were there last September, too, and it was a really lovely event, very relaxing after we'd done a couple of rather stressful shows.
    Then we were in London as part of the entertainment for the evening banquet, which was fun apart from the drunk who tried to join in!
  • Congratulations Moira! You're on a roll!