Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Holly Lisle

edited April 2006 in - Reading

Comments

• Hi talkbackers
    Just thought I'd let you know about a wonderful American author named Holly Lisle - she has written and published loads of books, and is the most generous author, in terms of writing advice...
    Her website is just www.hollylisle.com, and you will be amazed at how much information she is willing to share on the writing life. Apart from promotional material for her books, she keeps an online writing journal, and has bucket loads of information and help for aspiring writers.
    Visit her site- its addictive, and so good.
    best wishes
    Lizzie
  • I'm so glad you liked it - its a site I've visited for years, she certainly is an inspirational person, and prolific too...
    I feel ashamed of my meagre efforts at writing when I see her amazing output. The articles are so helpful if you are stuck on a project, she has really practical tips on novel writing, and is especially good on editing too.
    Enjoy!
    Lizzie
  • Hi Lizzie, thanks. I'm going to look at it in a bit more detail later.
  • Hi Lizzie. I had a look, and it's definately a site to keep going into. Too much to take in all at once. Thanks for suggesting it.
  • Hi Lizzie.  WOW!!  What a fabulous site!  I will make the time to  lose myself in it.  There is so much for writers...

Thank you for sharing!
    LisaQ
  • Hi Lizzie.  Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll have a look at the website.
  • Very interesting, Lizzie. Thank you. I've printed out her advice on writing a synopsis.