Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Modest

edited March 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• I do some work free for my friends in various bands, and I was chuffed to pieces that, when I offered to write the blurb for the back of Bluehorses' new DVD (released the other day), they said yes.  I'm even more chuffed now that I can see my words on the back of the finished package.  A modest achievement, but it's a big thing for me.

Go to www.bluehorses.co.uk and click on Merchandise for details - it's a double DVD at a bargain price :o)
  • Well done Taffeta! I am really pleased for you! You never know where this might lead you. Do you do song-writing?
  • Good for you, TP. That's something positive to go on your CV. Whose album will you words appear on next, I wonder? James Blunt or Coldplay, perhaps?
  • That's not so modest TP, think how many people will read it - WELL DONE!
  • You may get other work from it, which can only be good. Well done.
  • Woohoo TaffetaPunk! How brilliant for you!
  • Oh well done, TP. Keep up the good work, it is so rewarding to see your work in print, it is a big step, congratulations. May there be many more to follow!
  • Thats brill TP and here's to many more.
  • Oh, TP, I meant to say that although you think of this as a 'modest achievement', remember that Stephen King started out writing short stories for Playboy magazine!
  • Super news, TP, well done!
  • Thanks, everyone (and Fion, now I know who you are, there'll be no escape, hehehe!).

Debs, I did some songwriting years ago, but it wasn't much good.  I prefer prose, either fiction or non-fiction, as words come more easily to me that way.  However, I can recognise the poetry in a good song, and that's part of what makes me so passionate about music.

As for Bluehorses, I managed to secure them a place at this year's Montreux Jazz Festival in July, so if anyone will be there, pop along and check them out - they are truly spectacular!
  • Wow! Congratulations TaffetaPunk!