Welcome to Writers Talkback. If you are a new user, your account will have to be approved manually to prevent spam. Please bear with us in the meantime

Novels or Scripts?

edited March 2006 in - Writing Tales

Comments

• Hello

Need advice. Recently, I have started writing stories but picture them as films. I'm not sure if I should start writing in script form or not. I think I would probably be less inclined to send a script off to somewhere than send a manuscript to a publishers.

Does anyone else write like this?

Help!
  • I think we all do that to some extent, we can see the 'scenes'. I think you should carry on with it as a novel. I'm sure that by the time you have completed a considerable portion, you will have decided if it is really a script. Nothing is wasted.
  • scotswriter

I have read scores of profiles etc in Writer's News where the author has said in an interview that she or he writes in scenes. When planning, write in a way that suits you, after all, who is going to see the plan, certainly not the publisher or the agent. It is more an aid to you than to them. Remember your exam days, in those days, the examiner would merely glance to see if you have made a rough plan but once you have answered the question and scored through the plan, he or she would be content that one was made. Go on ahead and do it the way you feel comfortable.  Woll52